HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/lounge-71/)
-   -   So...shoot me now? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/lounge-71/so-shoot-me-now-57334/)

KoshaK 12-16-2007 06:29 PM

So...shoot me now?

No electricity in my neighborhood, and wont be till about Dec 19th at 11:00 PM. I had a bit of an experience with the candles today, one melted a hole through itself and started dripping through on the table and on the wood floors, great day. First I went to the gas station this morning and had no electricity in the pumps so the pumps didnt operate, sweet. Went to Sheetz down the street and turned to a pump, oh that ones out of order, nice. I then go home later and find no electricity in my house, so what the hell do you do with no electricity? I cant even eat food, so freaking boring. Its like getting two paint brushes and slopping them on the wall to see which paint line will hit the floor first, Hell, that would be more exciting then this. So now im at my office with electricity, but no food.

/rant

Pete 12-16-2007 06:32 PM

RE: So...shoot me now?

Well here is what I suggest you do. Go to a liquor store with electricity and buy beer and ice. Go home, put em in a bucket. Call some buddies up, light some candles for light, play some cards and throw icy beers down the hatch. Who needs electricity.

KoshaK 12-16-2007 06:36 PM

^ sounds like a great night, couple problems though. Friends have education to go to tomorrow, if it was a saturday, I wouldnt be b*tching right now because Id be out, or staying @ my girlfriends house. I already have a lot of liqour and beer. Beers at the office so im set with that. After that experience with a candle, I might burn the house down. Might go get drunk though

AgentofDarkness 12-16-2007 06:46 PM

Generator?

johnny 12-16-2007 06:50 PM

Save money on food and electricity and mod your ride.[8D]

Or get drunk.

KoshaK 12-17-2007 07:36 AM

ORIGINAL: AgentofDarkness

Generator?
Yea we have a backup power strip, but only a few things are plugged in, I couldnt really find use for anything with it. I could take it up to my room and set it up to the big 50' and play video games all day but then I would have no internet because the router is in the basement

SevenKRedline 12-17-2007 08:59 AM

Only a couple more days, hang in there bro...we feel your pain. Last year when I lived up in Seattle, our power was knocked out for 9 days and it was about 35 degrees outside. My 2 other roomies and I had to huddle together around the fireplace to keep warm and slept in the same bed. But that was due to the fact that the wind storm was blowin trees over in our neighborhood. Scariest night of our lives. Two came through the roof and one smashed up my roomies ride.

addiction2bass 12-17-2007 10:05 AM

dang no power definatly sucks....
neighbor across the street from me yesterday went without power all afternoon cause someone slid off the road and slamed right into the telephone pole which snaped it like a twig from the looks of it... and of course his power came off that pole..... but i still had power cause our power is ran under ground and i guess they didnt have to shut the power off on my pole.. good thing for me...

could always be worse! like last year my furnace went out and took the guy SEVERAL days to get in to look at it as well as afew more days for him to get the new part and slap it in...
and in ALL THAT TIME i had NO WATER cause i had to take out our whells blatter tank so he could get the fan out of the furnace.... no heat and no water for almost a week SUCKS!!!!!!! luckly we put in a cheap gas fireplace for the back of our house afew years back and it just needs GAS.... but i did have to plum some gas lines cause it was disconeted the year before when we remolded our house a bit. but at least i had some heat and my xbox LIVE... so it wasnt TO BAD.... but not having water is alot more serious than youd think.LOL no showers, no hand washing, no clean cloths, and no flushing toilets! i only got one flush outta 3 bathrooms in the house which luckely was enough for emergencies.LOL

Peg_Leg 12-17-2007 02:25 PM

dude that sucks i wish you well and hope they get your power back on in a timley manor

KoshaK 12-18-2007 12:38 PM

Thanks everyone. My power is back on, and I can finally work out with power on. Got the tunes loud, pumpin iron, and lovin life :D. Now I dont want to go back in time to go to the stone age.