The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Well....i went to Ozzfest the other day..(56k N O !)

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 05:26 PM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default Well....i went to Ozzfest the other day..(56k N O !)

I haven't posted in a couple days, because I just got back from Ozzfest in Detriot. And it was f&*^ing AMAZING! Every single band rocked, but nothing could rival the performance Black Sabbath put on. Bringing back Tony Iommi to shred the living **** out of the guitar was really something to see. That and the striaght up hippy stage setup they were on was really cool. Ozzy worked the crowd like you would not believe. I will have pictures of the event up tomorrow when i get to work, since i don't have a scanner here at home. Unfortunately i wasnt sure if they'd let me bring my digital camera in, so i didnt bring it, and ended up having to use a disposable one. So the pics aren't that great, but hopefully i'll beable to sharpen and clear them up a little.

Other notable highlights of the day were Killswitch Engage, Arch Enemy, In Flames (my favorite band of all time), Mudvayne and tons of others. With one band not showing up, i think the total was 20 different bands all together. We got there at about 10:00 a.m., and with the first band on stage decided to take a walk around the whole venue, so we'd know where to go later when they opened the main stage. Anyway, we get all the way around, and can hear a song by Gizmachi that my buddy Theo love's, so he tears *** down the hill back to the first stage, and hits the pit. Second song into it he comes out holding is bleeding, puffy, crooked *** nose. He was the first one in the First Aid tent for the day, in which he took great pride. It was funny once we found out his **** wasnt' broken, but it was also scary there for a little while.

All in all it was a friggin blast and i HIGHLY recommend anyone interested at all in heavy metal to go check it out. You will most definitely not be disappointed. Pics will be up asap..

Old 08-07-2005, 06:20 PM
Default RE: Well....i went to Ozzfest the other day..

[sm=ttiwwp.gif] lol just playing you already know, some heavy metal is alright, i would rather go to the warped tour which is gonna be at the nissian pavilion in a few days [:@]

Old 08-08-2005, 08:14 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Alright, here they are. Like i said, these pictures are NOTHING SPECTACULAR because they were done with a ****ty disposable camera. Next year i'll know better and bring my digi. So, yeah, enjoy!

First we have Killswitch Engage - These guys are phenominal on stage, this is the second time i've seen them.

Then Rob Zombie - 3rd time i've seen him, this time was ok, but i've seen better from him.

Shadows Fall

My favorite - In Flames!!!

Mudvayne

Black Label Society - Zakk Wylde was a ****ING MADMAN on the guitar, U N R E A L!

Heres my buddy Theo's broken *** face, haha. Read my first post in this thread for the story.

And last by not least, the crowd, there were sooooo many frickin people there. The best pic of the crowd didnt turn out due to a lack of light, but imagine 20,000 people throwing up the horns for Black Sabbath...it was really quite mind blowing.

Unfortunately, my pics of Black Sabbath didnt turn out, which is really a shame. I'll be searching online today to find pictures of the crowd reacting to Ozzy, and the sweet as stage setup that he had. Untill then, that is all... hope you enjoyed the pics, cause i fully enjoyed being there and headbanging for 14 hours!

Old 08-08-2005, 08:31 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: civicboy01
some heavy metal is alright
From someone who has played in 3 different punk bands, 1 rock band, and 2 metal bands, i can truthfully say that i have way more respect for these guys than the punks. Don't get me wrong, i've been a punk fan since i knew what music was, but there is way more talent flowing from the bands i saw at Ozzfest. Lyrically, and musically these guys are far superior, "My Sweet Shadow" by In Flames will give you an idea of what i mean. I'll always be a huge punk fan, but nothing blows me away like some hard hitting, head banging, guitar shredding heavy metal live show.

Old 08-08-2005, 09:49 AM

From someone who has played in 3 different punk bands, 1 rock band, and 2 metal bands, i can truthfully say that i have way more respect for these guys than the punks. Don't get me wrong, i've been a punk fan since i knew what music was, but there is way more talent flowing from the bands i saw at Ozzfest.
i hear ya. i used to be in a couple punk bands, but punk doesn't hold a candle to the talent of metal guys. theres no comparison to the 5 or 6 bar chords in punk songs to the insane solo's of bands like metallica

Old 08-08-2005, 10:33 AM

metallica i respect and like, but sometimes i get a headace listening to the other stuff, lol just playing, some of those pictures made the crowd look small, you must have been up close, but that last picture showed, that was a huge turn out

Old 08-08-2005, 11:21 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

some of those pictures made the crowd look small, you must have been up close, but that last picture showed, that was a huge turn out
y'know whats funny about that, we were in the middle. Thats only one side of the crowd, its about the same in the other direction as well. The sun was setting on that side tho so there was no way i could get a pic. Yeah, it was a fairly decent turnout. I'm looking around online right now trying to find somewhere that will tell me exactly how many people bought tickets, or showed up or something.

Old 08-08-2005, 04:39 PM

dude
where are all the boobie pics. we always came back with a ton of them.

Old 08-15-2005, 06:55 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: green98lxsedan

dude
where are all the boobie pics. we always came back with a ton of them.
meh.. body paint is nothing special to me. If there were girls walking around topless, than yeah, i probly would have snapped a few pics. That, and all i had was one disposable camera, so i didnt really want to waste any pics.

Old 08-15-2005, 08:32 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Forty04

some heavy metal is alright
From someone who has played in 3 different punk bands, 1 rock band, and 2 metal bands, i can truthfully say that i have way more respect for these guys than the punks. Don't get me wrong, i've been a punk fan since i knew what music was, but there is way more talent flowing from the bands i saw at Ozzfest. Lyrically, and musically these guys are far superior, "My Sweet Shadow" by In Flames will give you an idea of what i mean. I'll always be a huge punk fan, but nothing blows me away like some hard hitting, head banging, guitar shredding heavy metal live show.
same...sofar ive been in 2 punk bands, 1 emo band, 1 rock band, and 3 metal bands (one im still in). metal is just waaaaay more complex than any other rock out there (except prog rock...oh yeah, im in a prog rock band too) because its so much faster and has crazy intervals and string hopping. metal guitarists and drummers (and more often than not, bassists too) are better than their punk counterparts. hands down.

Quick Reply: Well....i went to Ozzfest the other day..(56k N O !)