HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/lounge-71/)
-   -   Whats the craziest speeding ticket you ever had! (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/lounge-71/whats-craziest-speeding-ticket-you-ever-had-11813/)

xeno 10-20-2005 12:48 PM

Whats the craziest speeding ticket you ever had!

Mine was 24 over 89 in a 65, thats not so bad except for IT WAS ON MY WEDDING NIGHT ON THE WAY TO THE HONEYMOON. Too excited i guess, lol. and it was a women cop, no chance of getting out of this one, much less explaining!!

amg6975 10-20-2005 12:54 PM

RE: Whats the craziest speeding ticket you ever had!

I have a 77 in 65... wtf is that? And got a 56 in a 35 (middle of nowhere) the judge knocked it down to a 2 point non speed violation cause he thought the speed limit on the road should be higher anyways.:) So as far as the insurance company knows, I have a 77 in a 65, which I took a class and got rid of the points anyways, and a failure to stop at a stop sign.

Auto98EX 10-20-2005 12:59 PM

I got a 79 in a 65 on the interstate once, which is dumb because everyone goes 85+ on the interstate. When I went to court even the judge says to the cop "79 in a 65?! Must have been a slow day, huh?" I took traffic school and got it erased.

Speaking of crazy, there was a guy at the court that day that was there for doing 120 in a 65. He tried to argue that it wasn't him and that the cop couldn't have possibly kept visual contact with the offender from a stop (which is probably true, and the judge acknowledged as much) but the judge was pissed about anybody going that fast so he locked the guy up anyway.

yzfmik 10-20-2005 01:13 PM

I got pulled for 85 in a 65, but I just tell 'em I'm a firefighter, and I get out of it every time.

Ray012874 10-20-2005 01:17 PM

I just got a ticket two weeks ago. 89 in a 50 mph parkway. I'm guilty as charged but I'm trying to fight it anway. We'll see what happens.

mill$civic 10-20-2005 01:19 PM

ORIGINAL: yzfmik

I just tell 'em I'm a firefighter, and I get out of it every time.
hummmmmm if i ever get pulled over i might have to try that, but if he dosn't believe me and i cant prove it, i might get on his bad side

Patrick 10-20-2005 02:47 PM

i have a clean driving record, but a close friend of my dad's clocked me around 110 in a 35...
on the answering machine:

"hey bob (dads name), this is doug...i clocked your f*****g kid on 519 tonight passing a row of 5 or 6 cars, around 110. you need to tell him to stop doing that s**t, because sooner or later, some other officer is going to see him and go after him, and its going to be a long time before he drivers again"

IONyoura$$ 10-20-2005 02:49 PM

I've got a lead foot from hell, but I've never gotten a ticket. *knock on wood* I blew past a trooper going 95 in a 65 on the way to Harrisburg but apparently he was doing paperwork and wasn't paying attention. Lucky me. :D

Shandles 10-20-2005 02:55 PM

oooh pat... damn my dad would tear me apart! I don't ahve any speeding tickets myself.. although if I ever get pulled over in a certain city then they automatically have the right to search my car b/c of something else my friends and i did a while back... damn I was stupid... [:@]

Ray012874 10-20-2005 02:58 PM

^^^ Care to enlighten with details??