HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/lounge-71/)
-   -   Who hear plays instruments? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/lounge-71/who-hear-plays-instruments-75033/)

chasemclemore 04-23-2009 11:44 AM

Who hear plays instruments?

If you do what do you play and what kind of music? Yes I know I used the wrong HEAR I meant here...

V8DIET 04-23-2009 11:48 AM

Bass Guitar. Peavy Grind. Like to play all kinds of stuff, mostly rock but I love playing blues style stuff. "Poppin and slapping."

Superfly 04-23-2009 11:59 AM

Blues, jazz, and cuban FTW!!!!!

i play drums :D

chasemclemore 04-23-2009 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by V8DIET (Post 638366)
Bass Guitar. Peavy Grind. Like to play all kinds of stuff, mostly rock but I love playing blues style stuff. "Poppin and slapping."

Nice! I play electric... into
metal, death metal, classic rock, blues, chord and scale progressions! Yea do love the blues Am scaled poppin it slow style

how long have you been playing?

chasemclemore 04-23-2009 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Superfly (Post 638371)
Blues, jazz, and cuban FTW!!!!!

i play drums :D

aside from vocalist we have a full band here :cool:

chasemclemore 04-23-2009 12:02 PM

Also, is anyone in a band?

V8DIET 04-23-2009 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by chasemclemore (Post 638374)
Nice! I play electric... into
metal, death metal, classic rock, blues, chord and scale progressions! Yea do love the blues Am scaled poppin it slow style

how long have you been playing?

Been playing for 7 years. I was in a band for a while and we still do a few gigs here and there. Mostly outdoor festival stuff, Car shows and what not. We play a lot of covers of old bands and do our own versions of common songs. Blues brothers theme, the pink panther, chicken dance haha. Songs everyone knows. Plus a few of our own compositions. Most anything I write is heavy or real techinical. I love complicated lines.

chasemclemore 04-23-2009 12:15 PM

Nice! AHHHH really? The chicken dance? Wonder how that would sound with some heavy distortion... Yea I agree with the heavy complicated stuff... I am more solo style and less ryhthm style, I cant do rhythm that well but can improvise scales and riffs no prob... of course I play songs that everyone knows and loves too but never thought of the chicken dance... I wish I could play some gigs but I cant becuase I dont know anyone locally that plays anything else... Ive even tried recruiting family members and friends to play but they wont... Oh well... Oh and have been playing about 2.5 yrs...

WellFedHobo 04-23-2009 12:28 PM

Dang, where to start...

trombone - 9 years, mostly jazz, blues, ska once
tuba/euphonium - 2 years, was high school band. Played whatever. Probably still could.
acoustic guitar - 5 years, pop
classical guitar - 2 years, for the ladies only
piano - just started teaching myself because I work midnights at a local university and have keys to the fine arts building.

V8DIET 04-23-2009 12:33 PM

haha yea everyone loves the chicken dance. Play it a little slower than normal time like 1/4 time and use lots of distortion / sustain and it sounds kinda cool. We usually won't distort it when we play live put it''s one of our fave to jam around on. That and "Frakenstien" by the Edgar winter group are are faves to play. My guitarist is real solo-ish too. He's super good and plays all kinds of crazy lines that blow most peoples mind and adds his own fills, it's cool.