Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

97 civic vtec hook up

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 01:57 PM
Default 97 civic vtec hook up

Hey guys this is my first post but I've been reading about different things on here for months I have a 97 civic was stock non vtec with vtec swap I just need to hook up the wires and convert ecu for vtec boost I believe but I can't find where to buy the adapter kit to add the vtec boost I have a y8 block and z6 head both vtec also car runs but doesn't stay running unless you keep on the gas nd keep rpms up what could cause this? Wasn't doing it until the head swap engine lights reading oxygen sensors which I'm trying to find at a decent price and cylinder 4 miss fire and random miss fire all help is appreciated I know there are a lot of very intellegent people on here also with that swap do I need obd1 or obd2 converter or something? Car drives good once u give it glass and get goin down the road I bought it 3 months ago and got ripped off it was a limon but I've put a decent amount of money into it and plan on putting more eventually thanks for reading guys any advice help