Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

First post: Problems with dash light *99 LX*

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 03:32 PM
Default First post: Problems with dash light *99 LX*

Hello Everyone. I was a subaru driver for a couple years *1997 LegacyGT* and thought civics were junk. Well, my subaru is sitting at the bottom of my driveway for sale, and I am the proud owner of a 1999 Honda Civic LX (got it yesterday!) and i really like the car. The engine quit in the scooby so i needed a reliable car. It has 140'000 miles on it, but its a honda so hopefully it will last forever.

ANYWAY! I am having a slight Problem with my DASH light. The backlight is working FINE but the dials on the gauges are almost impossible to see at night. Because the dials are White, there are 2 lights that light the dash, and the dials glow. These 2 lights arent working.
Are these LED lights? Are these lights possible to get into? I dont want to change anything in the car. It has to stay stock. If anyone has any ideas, i would really like the help . Thank you,
-bobby

Old 08-17-2006, 03:49 PM
Default RE: First post: Problems with dash light *99 LX*

Id like to welcome you to the forum nakahoshi! Hope you enjoy your stay! There are alot of nice people on this forum who will help you out.
I Hope you like your civic, its a nice car, in fact I have the same one as you!
-bobby

Old 08-17-2006, 04:02 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: First post: Problems with dash light *99 LX*

wtf^?

Anyway. It sounds like there are aftermarket gauge faces in the cluster that have burnt out for some reason. Take out the cluster and carefully cut the faces out. Your stock gauge should be back lit.