Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Went over a curb with a Honda Civic EX 2007

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 05:43 PM
Default Went over a curb with a Honda Civic EX 2007

I drive a Honda Civic EX 2007 model. Today, there was a car that had stopped right in the middle of a entrance to a highway/main road. Since he had stopped in the middle of the road people were going around the car over a curb which had had grass on the right side. I went over the curb and both my tires went on the grass off of the road. Then my car came down the curb but when it was coming down I heard a loud noise, I think in the back. I copied everyone else but realized after that they were fine because they had big SUVs. I am worried I made a big damage under the car. How big do you think the damage is, my car drives fine but you never know. I want to be able to understand possible damages, I am 19 years old and also a girl so if I take it to a mechanic I don't want them to underestimate me and rip me off for something that's not there. I also am in college so am broke. Any advice, I would be really thankful! TT.TT

Old 06-30-2015, 05:50 PM
HCF Member

if the car drives fine then whats the problem ??? you don't have any mechanically inclined friends or family that can take quick look at it because there's not much here we can do i could start naming off possible damage but thats just going to be assumptions.

Last edited by itburnswhenIP; 06-30-2015 at 05:56 PM.
Old 06-30-2015, 06:01 PM

I wish I did, this is my second year in the US. I am here from Korea, currently in my second year of college. All my family members are back home. I have couple friends who are chemical engineer majors and some biomed engineer majors, but since they are not mechanics they are no better than me. I asked them to jump my car when the battery died couple months back and they were useless. I am going to take it to a honda dealership or a mechanic whichever one is most honest and accurate. The car drives fine, and I would like to believe everything is fine. But just wanted to hear out opinions and advice as well as get it checked for peace of mind and just in case. Thanks for the reply

Old 06-30-2015, 06:12 PM
HCF Member

well like i said before if the car drives fine and there are no adverse symptoms that you could describe to us then there's really nothing we can do. if you really need to take it to a shop i would suggests doing some online research about them first as you said yourself you want someone trustworthy.