Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

SOLVED-1998 Civic, Trunk water leakage.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 03:21 AM
Arrow SOLVED-1998 Civic, Trunk water leakage.

Hi, All,
i've thought, this is worth posting as others might have this kind of issue,

i had a water leakage in my 1998 Honda Civic Ferio(Sedan) trunk, where the spare is, i have found a lot of water, that had spiled over to the back seat as i was breaking and all that,... so i wasn't realy happy to discover that the bottom part of the back seat is soaked with overspealt water,
anyway, today i have taken everithyng out frm the trunk, dried up all the water, and tryed to locate where is the water comming from, first i thought, it's comming from somewhere above the back weel fenders as there was some water on both sides of the trunk in that area, and then i decided to wipe everithing dry, close the trunk and with a hose i let the water running on the back side of the car for 5 minutes, then checked again, ...and what do you know?
I have noticed that, on both: left & right side of the trunk, the water was comming inn just right beside the white plastic pinns that hold the rear spoiler(Bumper) sides in place, they are two white plastic pins, and probably there was some kind of sealant there, that over the years has worn out or i don't know, anyway i have put some silicone arround them and hope that now the trunk will be bone dry.

Hopefully, that will be helpfull for others with the same issue.

Thanks.

Last edited by stalin11; 03-05-2011 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Details added.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:40 PM
Banned

Bummmmmmmmmmmmm