Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

pedal to the floor

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2020, 10:07 AM
Unhappy pedal to the floor

hi i need help. and advice i have a 2005 honda civic ex 1.7l vtec manual wwith close to 170xxx on the dash i rercently felt what i belived to be my clutch slipping and then one day driving it was hard to get it into a gear happened while driving it was like it didint wanna go it but after panicing in traffic kinda fotce it in and it was back to normal for all gears then did it again the next day and i did the same thing and same results but after the first time i had already bought a new clutch kit from autozone and i start to take apart the engine to get to the transmission. i get it to separate enough for me to get to the clutch, PP,FW i only replaced the PP and the clutch the old clutch barley had any life left so i changed it and changed the throw out bearing then i tighted and torqued bolts down (mind u this is my first time ever doing somthing this big.) anyhow i managed to break the slave cylinder trying to put it back and i notcied after everything was put back together i put the release fork spring in wrong i left it like that beacuse idk if it really matters but i got a new slave cylinder and put stuff back i hear a weird noise trying to put it into gear and it can you in with out the clutch as also the clutch pedal goes to the floor i tried bleeding the system but its hard with one person i and when slave cylinder is in position its real stiff with the clutch release fork itll go tinto the slave but doesnt travel far towards the gearbox im sorry if this is all over. thanks in advance

Old 09-22-2020, 11:30 AM
HCF Member

everything has to go back in the correct orientation as far as im aware. also are you sure you got the clutch centered correctly. your clutch kit did come with the tool to center the clutch correct? also when remating the engine and trans being very careful to not bump the clutch.