Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

60 amp blown fuse

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 05:17 PM
Default 60 amp blown fuse

I have an 03 si. See I'm having some difficulty with my battery and fuse. When I was wrenching on a ground wore near my batter n fuse box under the hood. My wrench hit the metal bracket holding my hot wires into the fuse box. Instantly it blew the 60 (back up) fuse. The car now acts like there in no power getting to it what soever. I had to order a new fuse from honda because no part store carried the bolt on 60 amp fuse. Picked it up and replaced it. As soon as I hooked my hot back onto my battery popped the fuse once again. I have bought a new ground terminal cuz I thought maybe my terminal was bad (looked ugly) but once again still getting spark when I hook up my hot. So confused on what's happening. Any help would be much appreciated thanks in advance

Old 09-05-2014, 05:24 PM
Recognized HCF Member

If you took the battery out, make sure you're not trying to connect it backwards. Also check the insulation on the wires around the bracket. Metal brackets should not be live.

Old 09-06-2014, 07:20 AM

Omg I feel like such an idiot!!! The battery was backwards!! Thanks so much! She's all good now although my turn signals are not working. I don't even see the wires that are supposed to be hooked up.. See I just got this car and was aware the signals weren't working but I didn't think it would such a headache to get them going. Not sure if I'm going to have to get like a whole new harness or what I'm going to do.. Not even sure if the switch in the vehicle is even functioning