Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

7th (05) gen DX steering column cover removal

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 03:21 PM
HCF Member
Default 7th (05) gen DX steering column cover removal

Hi, I am currently try to install an after market tach (the car does not come with one) by trying to route the wires from the two 22 pins connector to the gaguge cluster. I have consulted both electronic maintance manuel and Haynes maintance manuel and both source inform me to remove the steering column cover should be as simple as droped the 3 screws under the cover and they should come right off. But no! The 2 halves of the cover remain in one piece after those 3 screws come off. I aware there are clips to hold them together, but I can not figure out how to detatch them. Of course I do not want to yank it apart by force, because it will either break the clip or the whole cover. So, can any one tell me how do I seperate the two halves of the steering column cover? And I can foresee the bezel of gauge cluster removal is another pain in the butt (I try to remove it without removing the steering column cover, never able to let those clips release) Can anyone provide me instruction on the bezel removal as well?