HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/mechanical-problems-technical-chat-8/)
-   -   94 civic sedan window motor wires (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/mechanical-problems-technical-chat-8/94-civic-sedan-window-motor-wires-55368/)

fperezal 11-09-2007 11:46 AM

94 civic sedan window motor wires

I want to install 1 window motor regulator in the driver's door on my DX Civic Sedan that came with manual windows, with a 3 position momentary switch. Any one knows the wiring on the motor plug, which one is what?

mk378 11-09-2007 12:19 PM

RE: 94 civic sedan window motor wires

If the motor has two wires you just power it with 12V, switching the polarity to move the window up or down.

fperezal 11-09-2007 04:59 PM

Switching the polarity? How can I do that with an over the counter setup?

mk378 11-10-2007 11:18 PM

Double pole, double throw, center off switch. The two terminals in the center go to the motor. The two on each end go to power and ground, but with the polarity reversed between the ends.

Here's the switch
A B
C D
E F

A, F connected together to +12 volts
B, E connected together to ground
C and D to the two motor wires.

Don't forget to use a fuse and suitably heavy wire. I think #14 and a 20A will be enough for one window motor. Factory setups often use a circuit breaker so if someone keeps holding the switch after the window is all the way up or down the breaker will trip and reset itself rather than the fuse blowing.

fperezal 11-11-2007 09:07 AM

Enlish please? I dont have the original switch. I want to rig this with an over the counter switch.

RonJ 11-11-2007 09:27 AM

mk378 did answer your question. Take his information to an electronics store like RadioShack, and they should be able to find you an appropriate fusable switch and circuit breaker.

fperezal 11-12-2007 04:48 PM

RonJ:You go ahead and take this question to the 16 years old minimum-wage counter person at Radio Shack, and while you are at it, ask him if he sells cassette player head cleaner….. he will tell you the same answer to both..."no idea dude....what the hell is a cassette". I was hoping somebody here could give me a simple straight answer to wire this motor to an over-the-counter after market switch, that’s all.RonJ: next time let me judge if MY question was answered.

civic_burns_all 11-12-2007 05:16 PM

ORIGINAL: fperezal

RonJ:You go ahead and take this question to the 16 years old minimum-wage counter person at Radio Shack, and while you are at it, ask him if he sells cassette player head cleaner….. he will tell you the same answer to both..."no idea dude....what the hell is a cassette". I was hoping somebody here could give me a simple straight answer to wire this motor to an over-the-counter after market switch, that’s all.RonJ: next time let me judge if MY question was answered.

Why don't you actually take the time to learn about these stuff before you try to do it yourself? Its not that complicated, but only reason it is to you, because you have no clue about anything. There is no simple "connect this switch to the jack" answer here.

fperezal 11-12-2007 05:29 PM

RonJ: I am trying to learn. Dont talk to me like I am a stupid kid. I am an US Army Helicopter Instructor, veteran of Kosovo, Desert Storm and Iraqui Freedom. I am very good on custom installs, but not familiar with a Double pole, double throw, center off switch. thats all. I will like to apologize if I insulted or violated your pride or intelligence. I understand that switching 12 volts current thru each wire will rotate the motor on each direction, but what I wonder is how it will get the ground. I dont have the factory switch, so the switch wires/terminals explanation wont help me. I have fought many enemies so people like you will have the freedom to express thereselves, so I respect your right, but please dont insult me nor talk to me like you know me.

civic_burns_all 11-12-2007 05:41 PM

ORIGINAL: fperezal

RonJ: I am trying to learn. Dont talk to me like I am a stupid kid. I am an US Army Helicopter Instructor, veteran of Kosovo, Desert Storm and Iraqui Freedom. I am very good on custom installs, but not familiar with a Double pole, double throw, center off switch. thats all. I will like to apologize if I insulted or violated your pride or intelligence. I understand that switching 12 volts current thru each wire will rotate the motor on each direction, but what I wonder is how it will get the ground. I dont have the factory switch, so the switch wires/terminals explanation wont help me. I have fought many enemies so people like you will have the freedom to express thereselves, so I respect your right, but please dont insult me nor talk to me like you know me.
Alright Soldier, in spite of veteran's day weekend, i would like thank you for your service.

Moving on, I think the republican conservative media has brain washed you a little too much. Do not for once think that you will have a red carpet down life just because you are a vet and you served your country. So knock off the the whole "I am US soldier so i can do w/e I want". Second do not make the Army look bad, surely they taught you some respect.

IMO, officers> enlists. Thats why i have chosen to go for officer.

Btw Air Force > Army:D