HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/mechanical-problems-technical-chat-8/)
-   -   98 Honda civic ex , front suspension noise. Popping sounds coming from the front! (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/mechanical-problems-technical-chat-8/98-honda-civic-ex-front-suspension-noise-popping-sounds-coming-front-99192/)

Ysnant 04-23-2019 06:00 PM

98 Honda civic ex , front suspension noise. Popping sounds coming from the front!

I have a 98 honda civic coupe , I have replaced everything in the front suspension from inner and outer tie rods , upper control arm , and lower ball joints, sway bar end links and struts. I didnt replace the cv axles nor the lower control arm ot sway bar bushings , which either dont look bad too me. It is hard to tell for the cv axles cause boots are not teared but I know there could still be a problem going on inside the boots!

cvcrcr99 04-24-2019 05:12 PM

when does the noise happen?

Ysnant 07-22-2019 09:20 AM

Sorry for a very late reply, did not think anybody was going to reply to me. Noise happens when I get the steering wheel a little turn to the left and right while and park at the position it sounds like a little knock, pop, clunk something like that. But when i’m turning out of a parking space, like wheel turn left or right, it like pop. Pop .pop till I straighten out. Also when I take off, it pops. I replaced almost every suspension part like I said except the rack and pinion and lower control arms. Noise does not happen when the car is lifted, when I turn the steering wheel when its raised no noise. Tried shaking components, make no noises. I did get an alignment, didnt last for long till my steering wants to turn left and I got that popping noise

StifflersMom 07-24-2019 03:29 AM

The popping noise actually sounds like the spring skipping... are your strut bearings installed correctly and are good?

Ysnant 07-25-2019 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by StifflersMom (Post 798547)
The popping noise actually sounds like the spring skipping... are your strut bearings installed correctly and are good?

Struts are close to new, got a whole suspension kit from 1aauto, only affordable thing at the time. Also replaced cv axle and the noise is still there. I lift the car up, it makes no noise when I turn the steering wheel. On the ground, a different story, just a little wiggle and I hear a clunk, but when actually driving and turning the wheel, its like pop pop pop. This popping noise seems to have affected my alignment also as my steering wheel always pulls left!

Bush 08-09-2019 03:33 PM

Is it power steering? Could it be air bubbles in the fluid? You tried bleeding it?

It wouldn't be affected if the car is off the ground, but when it has to work against something the hydraulic pressure is greater.
Have you checked the fluid level and looked for leaks?