HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/mechanical-problems-technical-chat-8/)
-   -   Basically Useless Dome Light (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/mechanical-problems-technical-chat-8/basically-useless-dome-light-37695/)

FlipHKD720 02-08-2007 07:13 AM

Basically Useless Dome Light

Does anyone else here have a ridiculously dim dome light in their 6th gen? I even replaced the bulb twice (once with a new stock, and once with a xenon) and it is still REALLY dim, like it doesnt even light anything. Suggestions?

Forty04 02-08-2007 07:17 AM

RE: Basically Useless Dome Light

Mine seems ok..

FlipHKD720 02-08-2007 06:33 PM

hmm....well anyone know if LEDs shine throguh the dome light cover enough to be useful?

BlackDX 02-08-2007 07:06 PM

Try tapping on the slider that controls the light function, mine has a bad slider so it's sparatic when it gets a good ground connection (I've got an led board and it really shows when it's not getting enough power). Also wiggle your door switch, mines a bit dirty so when I wiggle it the light will flicker brighter and darker depending...... I've been meaning to replace mine but just been too lazy.

Misha 02-08-2007 07:12 PM

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720

hmm....well anyone know if LEDs shine throguh the dome light cover enough to be useful?
definitely not better than the bulb. Did you try to look at the cover, may be it's just dirty from inside?

FlipHKD720 02-08-2007 07:19 PM

naw its pretty clear Misha, maybe i keep getting bad bulbs or something? :eek:

Stumasters 02-08-2007 07:26 PM

I had thought about packing some of those led clusters in the place of the dome light, like 10-20 leds, bright white.. I wonder if that would be enough to light at least equal to the dome light?

Either way, they don't use as much power, and don't get as hot, so thats a plus I guess.

Misha 02-08-2007 07:27 PM

Flip, idk, may it is just the way it's supposed to be then? May be you just demand too much? Do you have other civics around to compare? Cause I really doubt you had bad bulbs, especially two in the row.

FlipHKD720 02-08-2007 07:33 PM

well i mean its liek useless man, you turn it on and it light ANYTHING up. Forty says his was good, idk, maybe try another new bulbs? haha they're cheap anyway...

Stumasters 02-08-2007 07:38 PM

My civic dome light bulb is horrid, it barely lights up anything, always has, but thats the hand I was dealt I guess.

Thats why I am throwing some LED accent lighting in, couldn't hurt. Wire it up to the dome light switch :-)