Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

A/C Possible Electric Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 05:52 AM
Default A/C Possible Electric Problem

1995 Honda Civic. I have the factory manual. The car has sat in the drive way for 10 years, being run weekly for 1/2 hour. Everything else is working correctly. Chasing why the A/C will not operate. Symptoms: The blower motor intermittently operates. The 20 amp fuse to the compressor clutch & the condenser fan motor keep blowing. What I have done:

Blower motor operates when 12 volts have been applied. Changed resistor pack and primary fan selector switch (pulling out the A/C control head a pain). When re-installed the blower worked until the A/C switch was activated then quit. Fuse is blown. Freon pressures at rest is about 90 psi at 80F outside temperature. Have checked all relays, they are working correctly. Looking through the manual and the electrical schematics, the A/C thermostat?

I have left the A/C control head loose in the front panel with cabling attached.

Looking for suggestions on what to look for, and source for any other odd replacement components?

Thank you.