Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Can someone help me out with this distributor question???

Old 08-23-2006, 07:05 PM
Default Can someone help me out with this distributor question???

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/1730311

I've received a couple different answers and I'm still not sure if I can use it or not. Thanks

Old 08-23-2006, 11:37 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Can someone help me out with this distributor question???

so you have a ? year make model.

and the other dist is out of : what year make model ??

And you are in (?) Dover, New Hampshire.

Old 08-24-2006, 04:48 AM

What difference does it make where I live[&:]???? All the info you need is in the thread.If I knew what the distributor came out of I wouldn't be asking any questions???? Now would I???

Old 08-24-2006, 10:47 PM
HCF Member

well - that is somewhat true. But, even in this internet age - not all info is available and neither is it suppose to be unless you are willing to pay for it. if you can get it without paying - then most likely it is the case that copyright laws may be violated.

i see from this forum that swaps are done that should not be - and that causes a lot of grief. i cannot understand why people just do not follow the rules - simple as that.

OK - all info about what can be exchanged to where is contained in this big huge book called an Interchange Manual. I do not know where in general to tell you where to go except for your local library. i could check if it is in your local library - but then, hey - you can do that (assuming that your local library is online). I have gone down to the main library here in austin texas and made use of it - VERY resourceful book - AND save headaches and grief.

Although you do not need to give the year, make and model on this forum, i am pretty sure that you will need it if you venture to the library to see if the exchange is one that can be done. I say that because that is how the book is structured.

I would definitely check that book rather than that the advice of someone on the internet who could, well let's just say make an honest mistake rather than saying they would do something deliberate.

Old 08-24-2006, 11:37 PM
HCF Member

Ooops - did not read the thread carefully enough. (you do not know the other year, make, model)
but you can do it with the manual ( i think) , because it will show the different numbers and you can see if the other one is a number listed.