HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/mechanical-problems-technical-chat-8/)
-   -   Car Losing Horsepower Help (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/mechanical-problems-technical-chat-8/car-losing-horsepower-help-47368/)

s2000gtx 07-03-2007 07:29 AM

Car Losing Horsepower Help

For some reason my has been loosing HP lately. it happens when im driving the car than for some reason it loose power so than i have to double clutch and then power come back again. and it happen constantly. I been noticing this lately becasue i havnt driven my car for 4 days last week than when i started driving i notice my car feels weird but i thought it was because i havnt driven it but its been 5 dasy now of me driven it constantly and it hasnt change. WHENEVER i used to change gear it used to be stiff and nice but for some reason whenever i change gears now its all loose and stuff the car shift much smoother and i hate it and i constatly have to double clutch due to the car loosing HP. so can someone please Help me on this?

addiction2bass 07-03-2007 09:33 AM

RE: Car Losing Horsepower Help

is your AC on?

s2000gtx 07-03-2007 09:38 AM

nope ionly use the A/c when i have a really hotgirl in my car that i like. not even my girl friend get a/c that much but no it not on

Live_4it 07-03-2007 09:46 AM

I would check to see if mice or other things gotten into your intake (if it's an air box) or other places in the engine bay. But I dunno if 4 days is long enough for that to happen.....

You might of also gotten some bad gas..... You remember to change your oil routinely right?

That sounds strange man, hope you figure out the problem goodluck.

s2000gtx 07-03-2007 09:52 AM

the reason for the car being there for 4 day was becasue my i got some EX header tht i wanted to put on so i took my old DX header off but i didnt knwo that the EX header used an different downpipe than the DX one. in the end got some DC headers with the downpipe and installed it than beofre i drove the car i did an oil change and i even bought some synthetic oil for it than when i was driving it it felt strange but i thought it was becasue the car was there for so long but it now it been 4 day and the same reslut dont get me wrong my DX civic is MUCH MUCH faster but i dont know

addiction2bass 07-03-2007 10:26 AM

MAYBE.... your car is in limp mode and your CEL is just burned out.... just a thought... have somplace with a code reader see...

s2000gtx 07-03-2007 10:35 AM

CEL? im a noob.. but is the CEL any where on the ECU because i have computer for my car that i can put on. its actually my spear computer just incase anythign happend to the one i have

mk378 07-03-2007 10:48 AM

CEL = Check Engine Light, the yellow light on the dashboard. It should come on every time you turn the key on but don't start the engine as a way to test the bulb.

s2000gtx 07-03-2007 10:54 AM

since i had converted my car to stick about a year or so ago my CEL stay on it never goes away even when my car was running good. also my reverse doesnt work unless i go under the dash and find the old automatic shifter and manually push it to R than the light come one. my dad say when he has time he will do a bypass for that but it not really important tho so yeah my CEL light is always on

phan10m 07-03-2007 10:55 AM

ORIGINAL: s2000gtx

nope ionly use the A/c when i have a really hotgirl in my car that i like. not even my girl friend get a/c that much but no it not on
Why would u have an ugly g/f and hot friends