HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/mechanical-problems-technical-chat-8/)
-   -   clutch probs (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/mechanical-problems-technical-chat-8/clutch-probs-16265/)

95CIVICUS 01-31-2006 03:28 PM

clutch probs

aight so check this out. i didnt htink anything of it when it happened to me yesterday. but it did it again thismorning. When i went outside this morning. to start my car. i pressedin the clutch and turned the key and nothing happened. so i was like ok. and then let off of the clutch and tried it again and itr turned over. its lke my clutch isnt engaging. what cxan cause this, and what can i do to fix this. and how much do you think it will cost? any help would be excellent. god its been a long time since i've been in this part of the forum. lol. thanks guys.

95CIVICUS 01-31-2006 10:55 PM

RE: clutch probs

noone yet? i would really appreciate some help b/c i dont wana get stranded some day ya know/

sacicons 01-31-2006 11:54 PM

its probably just your clutch safety switch. either its going out or you just didnt push the clutch down quite far enough.

joey 02-01-2006 08:55 AM

yea if your clutch was gone, your car would still start. there's a switch connected to the pedal which allows your car to start with the pedal pressed in. if it's malfunctioning you can just unhook it. your car will then start with the clutch out though so make sure u have it pressed in to avoid jumpin forward on start and bumpin somethin.

95CIVICUS 02-01-2006 10:14 AM

joey, where is this safety switch.
saccions, the first thing i checked after i got nothin was my foot placement on the clutch.

joey 02-01-2006 12:38 PM

i have absolutely no idea where this switch is located but i would assume under your dash. driver's side probably. i've never had any troubles with this switch, so i don't know where it's at. i have had one car, however (a 90 cavy RS ugghh) that starts without the clutch in, because i guess the previous owner had disabled this switch. you could probably find your answer in a haynes manual, or maybe a mechanic who knows hondas will point u in the right direction.

97CivicEX 02-01-2006 12:55 PM

Most of the time it is right under the clutch pedal. It might just need adjustment as well.

neon3kgt 02-01-2006 02:42 PM

yeah. iv seen some that are adjustable. and its prolly connected to the upper part of the pedal... ull have to stick your head way under there.

sacicons 02-01-2006 02:53 PM

actually, the ignition could be going out too, and the clutch thing was just a coincidence.

01CivicEX 02-01-2006 03:28 PM

yeah on my 7th gen the switch above the pedal and should test ground (continuous) when pushed in.