Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

misfire but no codes

Old 06-27-2014, 05:33 AM
HCF Member
Default misfire but no codes

my problem is, at idle and low rpms i have an occasional misfire. as soon as the rpms come up to around 1500 (guess-stamating) it clears up and car runs fine. heres what ive done to remedy the problem. ive adjusted/replaced and readjust the tps sensor, cleaned cap and rotor, replaced distributor, installed remote msd blaster coil (future plans of putting msd box on car) has a brand new head, new timing belt. timing is correct. compression is good on all 4 cylinders, ive replaced my fuel filter, cleaned my injectors numerous times with an ultrasonic cleaner and seafoam. not and exhaust issue because the exhaust is completely new, header to tailpipe.

i have advance the timing to the point right before it starts pinging. result from that were the car didnt idle properly. while driving i could put push in the clutch and the rpms would hover around 12-1500. and once i come to complete stop they would over a lil above 1000. only way to make it drop lower was to tap the gas then it would drop. but with timing in the position, never had a misfire issue.

timing set where its supposed to me. do the same procedure as before and car idles where its supposed to. but then will get misfire issue if left there for a lil while.

ive also replaced plugs and wires, and iacv. valves have been adjusted correctly at a shop.

i dunno what to do from here. but its aggravating me alot.

Last edited by grove; 06-27-2014 at 06:09 AM. Reason: forgot a few things.