Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

front Quater pannel removal

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 04:14 PM
Default front Quater pannel removal

Anyone got any good advice on removing the front quater pannels? or fenders or flares or whatever you guys call them. As u know, I skittled a roo at a hundred something clicks, and now u gotta replace some mashed up pannels. Im attempting to remove the quaters today I think. Is it front bar first? do i need to take the door off? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Old 08-01-2007, 04:35 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: front Quater pannel removal

ok, pop your hood, open your door, get your 12mm socket with extensions. remove the little clips in the fender that is attached to the plastic. then remove the 2-3 bolts on the fender in the engine compartment. then remove the side skirts and you'll see an additional 2 more bolts. and then hyper extend the door a little, and it will reveal 1-2 bolts that you need to remove. i'm having a brain fart on whether how many bolts total there are. i'd suggest removing the fender plastic and door jam bolts first.

Old 08-08-2007, 05:04 PM

Ok, bumper is off, lights are out, and every thing is sweet EXCEPT there is 2 bolts under the black skirting under the doors, which i cant get to without removing the skirting. Anyone know how to remove this? The Aus Civics are remarkably different to the US Civics but the concept is the same. Thanks for your help.

Old 08-08-2007, 05:23 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Chaos

Ok, bumper is off, lights are out, and every thing is sweet EXCEPT there is 2 bolts under the black skirting under the doors, which i cant get to without removing the skirting. Anyone know how to remove this? The Aus Civics are remarkably different to the US Civics but the concept is the same. Thanks for your help.
i told you you'd have to remove the side skirts. all you do is look under the side skirts, and you'll see about 4 plastic tabs with screws. all you do is unscrew them and pop them out. then look in front fender liners and you'll find one or two more screws that attach to the side skirt. remove them and go to the rear fender, and you just firmly tap on the rear of the side skirt, and it should slide to the front of the car and pop right off (considering you removed all the screws). then it will reveal the two remaining bolts on the fender.

Old 08-08-2007, 06:40 PM

Excellent, thanks mate, done and done. Only problem now is I pulled the quarters off, but the new ones that were suposed to arrive today havnt. Damn military mail, ITS NOT A BOMB, YOU DONT NEED TO X-RAY IT!

Old 08-08-2007, 06:45 PM
HCF Member

nice, good luck, just make sure all of the little white tabs are aligned properly when you reinstall the side skirt.