Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Help! My 2012 Civic is dead!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 05:48 PM
Default Help! My 2012 Civic is dead!

Hello! I'm glad I found this place and hopefully one of you guys will be able to help me out. Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this.

Yesterday my 2012 Civic, which has had no prior problems, would not start. The engine would turn over but not nearly enough to start the car. About an hour later I tried to jump the car off, figuring it was a faulty battery, and at this time the engine would not turn over at all, even with the jumper cables connected to another car. The head lights would not burn at all but the emergency flashers were working just fine, which seems strange to me. I could hear something that sounded like an electrical motor running underneath the hood, on the back left side of the engine compartment. The battery is the original battery that came with the car so I still figured it was the culprit.

Today I put a new battery in the car and it didn't solve anything. The engine will not turn over, it doesn't sound as if the starter is engaging at all and now neither the headlights nor the emergency flashers will burn at all. The only sign of life I could find is the brake lights still work. No interior lights, nothing.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong with my car? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Old 01-21-2016, 11:51 AM

31 views and no replies. Nobody has any idea what could be wrong?

Old 01-21-2016, 02:48 PM

Can you jump the starter? The buzzing noise you are hearing may be the ABS module testing itself, which is normal. You may not normally hear it over the engine running.