Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

97 civic hx with 98 integra ls engine O2 sensor problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 10:25 AM
Default 97 civic hx with 98 integra ls engine O2 sensor problem

Hello everybody I am new to this. I am looking for a solution to my problem, i bought a 97 civic Hx with a integra ls swap but the guy did not switch the engine harness, I have the check engine light on i wen to autozone to have it checked out and it came to be the primary O2 sensor, the crankshaft sensor and the speed sensor, the only one im worried about the most is the O2 sensor because its like 330 bucks,it is a the 5 wire wideband sensor I have read somewhere that I should change the harness from a dx model that way I can use the four wire one because even if I buy the wideband sensor it will still have the check engine light on, honestly Im so ****ing confused right now, i dont wanna spend that much on a sensor I rather put that toward suspension please help me!!! I have to pass emissions this month and i dont know what to do.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:35 AM
Recognized HCF Member

You should have an Integra ECU and sensor package. For the purposes of stuff related to the engine, forget that the car was once a Civic HX. The HX ECU is not going to work.

Old 08-07-2011, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by mk378
You should have an Integra ECU and sensor package. For the purposes of stuff related to the engine, forget that the car was once a Civic HX. The HX ECU is not going to work.
I see well I do have the integra ecu, so what you are saying is to buy the integra sensor and plug it into the hx wiring harness?