Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Just a couple simple questions...

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 10:06 PM
HCF Member
Default Just a couple simple questions...

Hey guys,

I want to flush the cooling system on my '97 DX with the D16Y7. Can anyone tell me where the air bleed bolt is for the cooling system? Does it even have one? My Chilton's manual is completely useless and doesn't show the location of the bolt. I don't want to leave any air in the system when I refill it.

Also, I need to change the manual transmission oil. Is the filler bolt on the top or on the side of the tranny? I don't want to pour expensive Honda MTF into the wrong hole and waste it, or screw something up.If the filler hole is in fact on the side, what's the best thing to use for filling it? As much as I'd like to be able to, I can't make fluids pour horizontally.

And finally, if I decide to get a header, which OBDIIMagnaflow cat do I need, and where will the secondary O2 sensor go?

Thanks guys!
-Brad

Old 04-17-2007, 07:02 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: Just a couple simple questions...

Look at your upper radiator hose, where it connects to the front of your motor, you should have a little rounded pyramid shaped bolt, that is the bleed screw. Just flush the system, refill it, then follow my DIY for bleeding the system, its fairly straight forward.

Yes, the filler hole for the trans is on the side, so you HAVE to pour horizontally . You can take a regular funnel, and hook a piece of tubing to it. Or, you can do what I did, run to NAPA, and buy one of these..

Old 04-17-2007, 12:08 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Just a couple simple questions...

or you can remove the Vehicle speed sensor and poor it in from the top with a regular funnel....