Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Leaking? Help?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 10:28 AM
HCF Member
Default Leaking? Help?

This is recent, My front passenger floor is just soaked! There was a puddle this morning near the door. Im not sure what the cause of it is. It manages to stay soaked too. There is this little black box (maybe the condenser?) behind the glovebox that is moist but I dont know the culprit. Any ideas? Because my car smells like a foot because of all the mildew.[:@]

Old 09-16-2005, 12:51 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Leaking? Help?

could it be the coolant from the heater-radiator? Check your coolant levels, then follow the coolant hoses that lead into the cabin(right in the passanger side)

Old 09-16-2005, 05:27 PM
HCF Member

Do you have your power wire run through that grommet below the battery?

That is the AC condensation collector thingy. If that line gets pinched it will build up spill under your carpet. Or it may just have been kicked loose. Check that line and let me know.

Old 09-16-2005, 10:44 PM
HCF Member

been runnin the ac much --if so --ac drain may be clogged

Old 09-16-2005, 11:22 PM
HCF Member

Will do guys. Thanks for the reply. Ive noticed it spread to the back seat too!!!!! I had a good feeling it had to do with the A/C.

Old 09-16-2005, 11:24 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: AOL.COM

been runnin the ac much --if so --ac drain may be clogged
No Idea where that is... could you tell me? After all, I do live in a VERY humid climate and it doesnt surpise me the A/C is backfiring... but it cant be this much though!

Old 09-16-2005, 11:28 PM
HCF Member

Pull the carpet back, you will see it. It's a rubber hose going right through the middle of the firewall.

Old 09-17-2005, 01:48 PM
HCF Member

That sound very logical. Ill def check there. I just put one of those humidity buckets in my car (those things with white b.b.s that suck up water) to help get all the wetness out. I found where water has been gathering too! What a mess. O well, that bucket will actually save my car for the time being. Ill go look oncew the dillio is a little dryer. Thanks guys , your help means alot.

Old 09-17-2005, 06:33 PM

You could've blown your heater core.

Old 09-17-2005, 08:15 PM
HCF Member

How would the heater core have blown if I was using the ac? Ne ways... Ive been drying off the mats and I put a humidity bucket in the car. Its working so far, ill see what it does in the morning. Ive also sponged out the floor as much as I could. And I havent used the A/C since. THe Leasking or whatever HAS stopped though, I just need to find the culprit. I haent tried Streets advice yet though. Ive been too busy all day fixin up my new sunfish! [sm=happy046.gif]

Quick Reply: Leaking? Help?