Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

lower engine mount help

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 09:56 AM
HCF Member
Default lower engine mount help

Hello All,

I am having a heck of a time doing some work on my civic, it all started with a squeaky serpentine belt and had a 3 day domino effect of other things breaking that is hopefully coming to an end. I have all the belts back on but the lower driver engine mount was toast and fell apart in the process. While trying to take the nut off of the mount the stud it was on came loose out of the engine. After trying to get it off of the spindle all day, heating it red hot and trying a 4 foot cheater bar and a bench vise I gave up and bought another stud from the Honda dealership with a mount. When I offer up the parts to the car there is a 1/4 inch gap between the inside of the mount and the metal stud that it fits on. I called the dealership and confirmed that was the right parts then was transferred to service to ask if there is a spacer that is supposed to go there. Their response was they don't have time to answer that and hung up. So I am now at my wits end with this. Has anybody done this replacement and had a problem like this? Is there a spacer or is it a DOA part(s)?

Thanks,

MC