HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/mechanical-problems-technical-chat-8/)
-   -   Newbie / Parts for 1995 Honda Civic EX 1.6l (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/mechanical-problems-technical-chat-8/newbie-parts-1995-honda-civic-ex-1-6l-95348/)

uzapuca 05-31-2013 05:21 AM

Newbie / Parts for 1995 Honda Civic EX 1.6l

Hi guys,
I will buy a 1995 Honda Civic EX 1.6l next week. I think the Civic EX is the US made version.

A friend of mine is traveling to the US next week and offered me to bring me some parts. I live in Argentina and most of Honda spare parts are kind of difficult and expensive to find here.

1) What spare parts would you recommend me to buy? It need to be parts that most users will usually change from time to time and also light enough to bring in a suitcase.

2) Where can i buy ONLINE an original Main Relay for my 1995 Honda Civic EX 1.6l? I looked at amazon

but the product Beck Arnley has very bad reviews.

3) Besides the most utilitarian parts i have seen this xenon kit. What is your opinion about it?

Honda Civic HID Xenon Headlight Package Deal

Sorry for so many question i am newbie to Honda!

Best,
U

mk378 05-31-2013 07:03 AM

1. Parts that are routinely changed include the filters for oil, fuel, and air, timing belt, brake pads, spark plugs (use conventional NGK, not platinum etc.) spark wires, clutch set, wiper blades (probably can get those locally). Other than that, it's hard to predict what will break.

2. Resoldered main relays have high reliability. There's generally no need to buy a new one.

3. Retrofit HID bulbs typically have a bad light pattern which blinds other drivers and also doesn't put as much light down the road for you to see with. Also they don't work well in a single bulb setup since there is no good way to switch from low to high beam. Don't use them.

uzapuca 06-01-2013 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by mk378 (Post 787248)
1. Parts that are routinely changed include the filters for oil, fuel, and air, timing belt, brake pads, spark plugs (use conventional NGK, not platinum etc.) spark wires, clutch set, wiper blades (probably can get those locally). Other than that, it's hard to predict what will break.

Thanks mk378, for the very good info!:)
I read on the internet that this place is easy for online shopping

Honda Parts at Honda Parts Now | Genuine OEM Honda Auto Parts

what do you think? do you have another online source to compare prices that you might recommend to me for online shopping in the US?

2. Resoldered main relays have high reliability. There's generally no need to buy a new one.

Thanks for the info. I was just concern on why this Main Relay has some many critical reviews.

3. Retrofit HID bulbs typically have a bad light pattern which blinds other drivers and also doesn't put as much light down the road for you to see with. Also they don't work well in a single bulb setup since there is no good way to switch from low to high beam. Don't use them.

That is very interesting. I look at the online video an the Xenon light really rocks! Unfortunately if you have good info that they don't work well is good to know that in advance. By the way, that xenon seller does sell a high and low beam set for Civic 95.

Best,:)