Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

No Heat - DTC #8

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 09:17 AM
Default No Heat - DTC #8

I have a 2003 LX that I just installed an OEM keyless module into. I couldn't get my hands on a wiring harness so I used quick taps to attach it to the stereo harness (constant), the lighter (ignition), and grounded it next to where the keyless module clips on. Everything worked out great, but I forgot to connect the lower harness for the HVAC control panel before I tested everything out.

Now I have no heat. The fan direction + speed controls work fine, and when I turn the hot/cold **** I can hear what sounds like a motor operating under the dash, near the fuse box. When I run the diagnostic, the recirc light flashes 8 times indicating a short in the air mix control motor circuit.

Since I wasn't sure if I had screwed something up installing the keyless module, I completely removed all modifications I made and hooked everything up exactly as it was before, but still no heat... What have I done??

Old 05-09-2019, 09:59 AM
Default 03 Civic no heat

No heat, coolant is good, fan works at all settings, AC blows cold. Car does not over heat.
Lower radiator hose is not really hot. New cap on radiator.
Dipstick is not foamy and no white smoke from tailpipe.

Help me!