Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Noise when I turn the wheel

Old 12-29-2011, 06:12 AM
Default Noise when I turn the wheel

hi sir. I have a problem with my steering wheel. Everytime i turn the wheel, i can hear a noise . I have already bleed and replace the transmission fluid. And just this day, i also changed the swing arm bushing, as advised by the mechanic that it was the reason causing that noise. When i test the car, the noise was gone, unfortunately, after driving a few kilometers going home, the noise was again present.
Its really quite expensive going in and out of the shop, seems that everything is on guesing, where they really can detect what's the problem really is.
Now i doubt, it might be that tin covering the front disc brake banging with something. please help

Old 12-30-2011, 06:43 AM
paj
Default re noise

hi,

I had this sort of problem with the back plate/splash guard which was badly corroded. Also check brakepads some have a protrusion to warn they are nearly worn out, these can make a real din intermittently at first. Another possible is a stone or grit trapped somewhere. I hope this info may be of some help.

cheers paj.