Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

OIL IN RADIATOR?!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 04:06 PM
Default OIL IN RADIATOR?!?

aight check this out. my friend called me to come pck him up from work yesterday he said that his car was spitting oput antifreeze smelling vaapors in the exhaust. and that his radiator looked like a milkshake. so i getthere and looked at it. and it did it looked like oil got in there and it made amilkshake. it is thick like it too. so he gets it wtowed and they said the radiator needs flushed(duh) and somehow he split the blkock which is how te oil go tinto the radiator,. what in the hell can cause this to happen is this what happens when the block cracks does it seep inot hte lines of the radiator and take everything out with it?

Old 12-24-2005, 04:25 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: OIL IN RADIATOR?!?

either a blown head gasket or cracked head
flushing the radator wont do any good

Old 12-24-2005, 04:39 PM

Probably a blown head gasket or the engine severly overheated. Both of those put excess heat where you don't want it and can lead to a cracked block. And yeah, flushing the radiator won't help.

Old 12-24-2005, 06:07 PM

he found out that he cracked the block probably from not letting the car warm up in the morning and it seeped oil in to the coolant lines and it put it inside theradiator and they said that they will have to replace the block and the head gasket and YES FLUSH THE RADIATOR. idiots. if you do not flush the radiator ands still drive it with milkshakey coolant and oil mixture it can cause it to seize up and blow up. jeeezus

Old 12-25-2005, 08:47 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: 94 Civic Ex

. idiots.
i dont know who the geinus is working on this car ---but theres about a 2% chance that the block is cracked --- heads crack first---
& blocks dont crack from not letting them warm up -----overheating does
replace the block & head gasket?---without replacing the head?
& yes flush the radator AFTER everything is done

Old 12-25-2005, 10:58 AM

aight ya'll im sorry i said the word idiots that was uncalled for. oh and the ppl working on it have been in business since oak ridge first became a town. well after it was opened for the public to actually roll through here. lol. anyone know anything about oak ridge. if we got hit by a bomb. well i will juist say DAAAYYYYYYUUUUUUUMMMMMMM. no more 94 Civic Ex. [sm=boohoo.gif]

Old 12-25-2005, 02:18 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: 94 Civic Ex

aight ya'll im sorry i said the word idiots that was uncalled for. oh and the ppl working on it have been in business since oak ridge first became a town. well after it was opened for the public to actually roll through here. lol. anyone know anything about oak ridge. if we got hit by a bomb. well i will juist say DAAAYYYYYYUUUUUUUMMMMMMM. no more 94 Civic Ex. [sm=boohoo.gif]
I know a little about oak ridge....I know it was a major target during the cold war. I also know (my opinion) that the Nuclear Energy plant in Hartsville was built in case they bombed Watts Bar......the Hartsville plant is the one that was 95% completed and then TVA claimed they didn't need it and stopped construction.....that costs every TVA customer about $5 a month......my opinion is that they completed it (except for the nuclear material) as a backup plant.

My Masonry Design professor at "Tech" was an ex structural engineer at the facility in Oak Ridge.

Shout out from Columbia (40 miles south of Nashville)