HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/mechanical-problems-technical-chat-8/)
-   -   Please, Please, Help!! - Civic Won't start (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/mechanical-problems-technical-chat-8/please-please-help-civic-wont-start-69187/)

DontHateOnEG8 08-22-2008 04:07 PM

Please, Please, Help!! - Civic Won't start

I got a 92 civic dx 4 door with d15b7 engine and p06 obd1 ecu
Basically i disconnected my battery for a week or so because i was redoing my interior and din't want to get shoked. then after everything was done my car will crank, but will not start.
I do not her the fuel pump engaging so i thought it was the main relay.
the main relay is fine and works.
checked the PGM-FI fuse and there is no power going though fuse - replaced it still nothing.
im running on low budget here and would like to avoid dealers or mechanics who will suck on their thumb for 4 hours and charge me for while saying that they could not find the problem.
please help me because i need the car for college and i hate to carpool with my friend cause she is sooo effin slow. anyways, any help will be greatly apreciated!
Thanx in advance

RonJ 08-22-2008 05:37 PM

What specific main relay fuse (#18, 24, or 31) are you talking about?

Have you checked whether fuse 41 is blown?

DontHateOnEG8 08-22-2008 11:37 PM

i checked #18, where other ones located at? Can you please be specific? Thanks

RonJ 08-23-2008 06:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Fuse 18 is only hot when the ignition key is turned to ON with the clutch depressed (MT) or the AT in neutral or park.

Fuse 31 is in the under the hood fuse box (see diagram below).

If you have SRS, fuse 24 is in the SRS fuse box. If you do not have SRS, check fuse 12 in the under dash fuse box. These fuses are only hot with the ignition key turned to ON.

Attachment 25389

boostphreak 08-23-2008 12:03 PM

I had an integra once and while I was driving it just died out of nowhere and wouldn't ever start afterwards. Turned out to be the Ignition Control Module inside the distributor. That may not be it but it couldn't hurt to buy one and try it. If it's not, you can always return it.

Jorge.s 08-24-2008 09:05 AM

I bought a 91 Civic "Not running" it has a dual point injector, pour some gas on the carb. start and dies after burnning the gas, test the main relay, it test good.I could not hear the fuel pump so put a new fuel pump and is running fine.

DontHateOnEG8 08-28-2008 08:08 PM

Hey guys,
Sry i didnt reply for a while its just i started University this monday so no time at all. but i bought the ignition control module from autozone, which was like 70 bucks. but where exactly does it go, before i spend two hours searching.
but i had time to check the fuses, and they all good, ecsept for the 18 fuel fuse, even when i depress clutch.
anyways ill try the ICM and hopefully it works.
thanx for yall help

RonJ 08-29-2008 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by DontHateOnEG8 (Post 585533)
Hey guys,
...but i bought the ignition control module from autozone, which was like 70 bucks. but where exactly does it go, before i spend two hours searching.

If you really don't have power at fuse 18, a new ICM will not help you. The ICM is needed to produce spark at the spark plugs. If spark at the plugs is fine, then return the expensive ICM for a refund.

but i had time to check the fuses, and they all good, ecsept for the 18 fuel fuse, even when i depress clutch.
Does the starter crank the engine when the clutch is depressed and the ignition key is turned?

So fuse 18 is fine but it is not receiving battery power, right? If so, focus all of your efforts here. Step 1: State how exactly you are testing for power at fuse 18? Step 2: Use a multimeter to check the electrical continuity of the BLK/RED wire that runs between fuse 18 and the starter cut relay.

DontHateOnEG8 08-31-2008 12:22 AM

really quick infor: i replaced the distributor and nothing ha[ppenned. I still have no sprk. i think its the ecu, and my friend has one laying around. so my new question is: can an older civic( 96-98) d series non vtec model fit my own? he had it on a d16 i think so can i test my "ecu problem" that way?

DontHateOnEG8 08-31-2008 12:24 AM

also i forgot to tell you that my check engine light does not go off after two seconds so it stays on. sry about leaving that out.
thanks