Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

trouble with emissions? REALLY NEED HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 07:59 PM
Default trouble with emissions? REALLY NEED HELP!!!

ok i have a 1998 civic ex the person i bought it from had a t3/t4 turbo kit installed on it now the problem is it wont pass inspection but its a very wierd reason y it wont pass inspection the monitors r saying its not ready to read. they told me to keep driving it they thought it might be the drive cycle well its not the drive cycle cuz ive driven it a bizzilion miles now i know there was no o2 sensor installed on the header the guy said he re routed it down by the cat but its not throwing any codes and the check engine light doesnt come on. now u might say well maybe someone messed with the check engine light no actually the check engine light does come on when i get into high boost and the car seems like it wants to quit so i have to shut the car off that was another question i had. i know the guy never got to mess with the ecu after he installed the turbo now idk if i have to get something done to the ecu or what no one has been able to really help me out with this problem and i really need this thing to pass inspection if anyone can help me it would mean the world!!!!!

Old 09-28-2007, 07:13 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: trouble with emissions? REALLY NEED HELP!!!

Make sure the ECU is getting its constant backup power from the battery. Otherwise it will reset and become "not ready" every time you turn the key off.

I think you have to do quite a bit with the ECU to get a turbo to run properly.