HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/mechanical-problems-technical-chat-8/)
-   -   Wanted *96 Hatchback Ground Effects Body Kit* (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/mechanical-problems-technical-chat-8/wanted-%2A96-hatchback-ground-effects-body-kit%2A-84437/)

Freemusic 07-31-2010 09:24 AM

Wanted *96 Hatchback Ground Effects Body Kit*

Hi folks...

i hope u guys don't mind me posting this here...not sure if it's appropriate...but it seems it gets the most traffic...

i want to buy a body kit for a 96 hatchback...do u folks know of anyone who wants to sell theirs?...i can only pay $200 (sorry folks i'm cheap and poor)...

does anyone know of where i can get a fairly inexpensive body kit?

i looked in the local craigslist here and got no hits (minneapolis metro area)...

supersize 07-31-2010 02:37 PM

just get a lip, their cheaper and look better. i got my front lip for 60 bux on ebay.

Freemusic 07-31-2010 08:50 PM

yeah i saw those front and rear lip...but..there's no lip for the side skirts and it looks funny...don't u think so?

show me a better pic of ur ride...

Kenny-g 07-31-2010 09:14 PM

Nooo please bud dont go rice.
And the sideskirts are fine whats wrong with them? Theyre simple and clean. When they're paintmatched theyre perfect for the civic imo.
On ebay you can get both lips and a grile for less than $150 im sure.

Oh and yea this is the wrong section.
Maybe a mod. or admin. will move it to the right section for you?

supersize 07-31-2010 11:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
dont try to make your car look like it came out of the fast and furious movie because honestly, 99% of body kits dont flow right with the body lines, body kits look too aggressive on an economy car, you will get harassed by cops, and in my opinion, it looks ridiculous. The stock sideskirts are completely fine how they are, i personally prefer them paintmatched with the body of the car like kenny said. im personally not a fan of rear lips, and a front lip will make your car look better than a body kit in my honest opinion. as kenny said, you can get a front/rear lip combo + a grill for under 150 bux, but i dont reccomend the mugen grille, they look retarded on hatch's. heres a pic of my car, i have a spoon lip.

Attachment 10321

NIKE H34D 08-01-2010 05:35 AM

Supersize,, you need to adjust the placement of your lip, for real.

Freemusic 08-02-2010 05:36 PM

very interesting...i like the look of ur car...it's clean...

thanks for the help...

Kenny-g 08-02-2010 05:41 PM

Ugh Supersize ur wheels are gorgeous damn! Everytime i see em i wanna start searching for someone willing to trade for my hx's lol

Oh and i 2nd Nike's comment...it'll take like 2 seconds to fix.

WellFedHobo 08-02-2010 06:23 PM

Body kits are played out. Lip kits are clean and easy to install. I have front and rear lips on my sedan.

supersize 08-02-2010 10:51 PM

@op: look at hobo's sig above me, his lip is paintmatched aswell as his sideskirts and trim, thats clean

@kenny: thanks, i need to get them re-finished tho, and i dont have a drill to adjust the lip, i gotta wait untill i goto my buddys house haha