HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/mechanical-problems-technical-chat-8/)
-   -   What should I do!? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/mechanical-problems-technical-chat-8/what-should-i-do-3981/)

Remmy 03-22-2005 07:36 PM

What should I do!?

Right now here in Charleston South Carolina, it is raining more than I have seen in a long while. I barely made it home. The entire town is flooded. One the way home I took a back road and ran into a 2 foot deep puddle. Water went over my windshield. Of course the car started sputtering, and stalled, fortunatly I made it to a high point when it did ( about 3 inches) I was able to restart it but I couldnt gun the car.. it was almost like it was on a choke... I ran it home in gear 2 (it was only 7 blocks from my house) but I barely made it home... and the damn belts are squeaking and all of that not so good stuff when the engine is wet... well when i got in my driveway the engine was still steaming, i got out in the rain and looked in my engine and found that every thing was soaked... even the massive air intake fileter was soaked... if some water got in the engine I know i evaporated or boiled almost instantly but still.... should I let her sit till the morning? What sucks is i was going to go to dinner later with my buddies and I have a 2000 limited 4runner SR5 sitting in my driveway that belongs to my father and I dont have the keys.... UGGH! In times like this, its when i like SUV's.

sacicons 03-22-2005 09:10 PM

RE: What should I do!?

take the dizzy cap off and dry the hell out of the inside and all the electrical crap in there. thats usually the problem when a civ is exposed to water.

finalimpact 03-22-2005 09:11 PM

damn hopefully its just water in the dizzy. in the morning remove the dizzy cap and use compressed air to blow water out if any inside. start your car up and listen to it idle also, listen for any type of unusual sounds.

sacicons 03-22-2005 09:14 PM

its short ram, right?

Remmy 03-22-2005 10:22 PM

yea short ram... this problem im having is THE main reason I decided not to get a CAI, if I had one.... i would have been SCREWED! Althought the bitter sweet part of it would have been the exuces to get a nice B16 swap but I would have to pony it up : (... but ive been lookin for a good reason. Any way, I started it up and hour ago... it sounds better but when I hit the gas it shudders a bit... I had this problem once but not as bad... its seems that it has sunk to the familar symptoms now, so Ill have to see what its gonna do in the morning. I think its just the el dizzo is watered down... all you have to do it wait.

Remmy 03-22-2005 10:58 PM

I just started her... shes done coughing. Itll be ok... i figured.