Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

window strip

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 08:56 AM
HCF Member
Default window strip

so last night when rolling up my window, the rubber weather strip, by my driver side mirror, went to the inside causing the window to go off the track. The rubber is going to cost $77 from the dealer. The question is, how do I install and take off the rubber that goes along the window?

Old 12-14-2007, 02:43 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: window strip

Not sure what year Civic you have. Do you think the stripping is part of the inner or outer molding (see picture for 96-98 Civic door)? You probably need to remove the door panel to inspect and replace.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:12 PM
HCF Member

just so everyone knows, I replaced the driver side window strip, and my window now works better than since I bought it.
I thought it was the rotor or the track or something, but my weather strip was messed up causing it to go off the track.
I realy reccomend doing this, it took no more than an hour, and it turned out great.

Old 12-21-2007, 05:43 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: blackmetal619
just so everyone knows, I replaced the driver side window strip, and my window now works better than since I bought it.
I thought it was the rotor or the track or something, but my weather strip was messed up causing it to go off the track.
I realy reccomend doing this, it took no more than an hour, and it turned out great.
Thanks for the update. I would think that many people would like to know how to replace window strips on their Civics. Would you be able to provide the details? What year is your Civic? Which part in the picture did you replace?