New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

new 06 civic coupe LX already TAINTED

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 11:15 AM
Default new 06 civic coupe LX already TAINTED

I just got a 06 civic coupe LX and had it for about 2 hours before I had a little mishap with an x-acto knife. Basically I jumped into the car and it stabbed me in the back because it was in my purse (don't ask why I just always have them with me)! I only had to drive about 2 minutes down the road so I tried to sit off the seat but I was gushing blood through my shirt and it had already gotten all over the seat. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good products/tricks to get the stain out. I blotted it to soak up a little blood and then with some stain remover but it is still there; I'm pretty bummed I already f'n ruined the seats. And to make matters worse, 2 days later I had tiger lillies in the car and the orange pollen got all over the interior and THAT STAINS TOO! I'm not doing so good I feel this is a curse waiting to happen. I know to let the pollen dry and then try to remove it with really sticky tape but I'm pretty much just waiting to spill a gallon of coffee over myself the next time I get in it. So, if anyone knows how to get stains out please help. Please! The poor thing is only like a week old!

Old 07-07-2006, 11:26 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: new 06 civic coupe LX already TAINTED

i use orange cleaner. works like a charm. but ive never tryed it on blood. ive used it to take tar out of my seat. soak it with orange cleaner(tar gone works also), and scrub it with a brush. then i use my carpent shampooer and clean the area. hope this helps

Old 07-07-2006, 12:23 PM
HCF Member

check out autopia.org, they should have some info on cleaning blood out of your seats. if u use a brush to agitate make sure its not too corse. a trick with most stains is if its fresh is to put cold water over the stain and dab out what you can, a extractor machine with bio chemicals should take the blood out with ease

Old 07-07-2006, 01:43 PM

see if you or one of your friends has a carpet cleaner.. the kind that sucks like a vacum.. that should work.. or you could try oxy-clean.. or a combo of both.. i had this really wierd pink stain on the passenger side carpet and it came out with just oxy-clean and a towel.. well the towel is now stained..but better the towel than the car..

usualy you clean blood up with cold water but if its been siting for a while idk

Old 07-07-2006, 01:47 PM

sorry to hear that. you will be able to get it out

Old 07-07-2006, 01:55 PM
HCF Member

haha another way of saying that time of the month surprised you

Old 07-07-2006, 07:29 PM
HCF Member

Well first off all are you ok, that must have been some cut. Well i never have had blood on the cloth, but i have removed a lot of other stuff with the carpet cleaner they sell at auto stores, they are pretty strong.

Old 07-08-2006, 04:00 AM
HCF Member

Oxy-Clean kicks ***, i always have a 10lb tub in my house b/c it takes out anything. Mix some oxy clean with some hot water and after it dissolves put it on the stain and dry it with a tower. Carpet extractor/steam cleaners also work well. I would put the oxy clean over the stain then take it out with the steam cleaner. However, sometimes oxy clean will damage the cloth so make sure and test it on a part of the cloth that is not seen.

Old 07-28-2006, 10:31 AM

Thank you to everyone, lots of tricks to try out- I'm sure one of them will work. As to the "time of the month" reply, you are a moron. Everyone knows the proper period cover-up lie is, "I sat in ketchup."