New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

1st post, i love my honda

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 10:23 AM
Default 1st post, i love my honda

hi everbody. I own 98 a red 2 door coupe EX ,y8. mild bolt owns, 4-1 headers, high flow cat, 2.5 inch cat back. short ram intake. B&M short shifter, 03 ex wheels drop zone springs, skunk 2 front camber, drop zone rear camber kit. strut bars front, rear, and rear lower, front h brace. universal fuel pressure regulator set at about 49 psi. now i got a couple of problems. my cats o2 sensor is getting no signal after i put own the high flow. but i replaced the sensor once already. is it the high flow cat? i also recently like to days ago replaced my head and all the gaskets. and now my engine is racing its self or wont come down to an idle. any ideas on were i can go from here to make it run good again. thanks

Old 04-29-2006, 03:47 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: 1st post, i love my honda

welcome to the forum!..i love my honda too..for the senser not reading,how did you install it when you put it back? did it have a same mounting location, is it coming off..can you get a coad read? ...and for the second part im not to sure, but maby try and get your idel set..see if it got thrown off, its pretty easy to do..if you get a haynes manul for $15 it tells you in there step by step

Old 04-30-2006, 10:35 AM

on the o2sensor everything was the same. only differnce was the high flow cat. i have already been trying to set the idle but its never the same when i turn my car off and go back to it later. i also turned down my fuel pressure to 40 pounds thinking maybe because it was getting to much fuel at idle. then ecu was making the idle eratic. It could also be a IAC sensor. oh and there was no core charge on my head so i still have the original head. have any good advice on what to use for internals for the head on a big boost build? like valve sizes, lifters, springs, cam, and some where i could send my head to have it machined and port and polished. ya i have a haynes.

Old 04-30-2006, 11:12 AM
Recognized HCF Member

get a cam with little over lap as possible, some high rpm springs and +1 over sized valves or eve .5 over sized valves and do a 3 angle port and polish job and you are pretty much set... hot tank wouldnt hurt either..

Old 04-30-2006, 11:14 AM

whos gear? skink 2 ect ect. whos got the best for the lowest price