New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

99 civic dx coup

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 09:51 AM
Default 99 civic dx coup

Greetings everyone!
I need some advice on getting my baby back up to par.
She was stolen from my driveway while I was getting the insurance transfered to a different company, (a gap of 5 days) so it has taken longer to get her up and running then I like.

I don't know whe names of the parts I need so I will try to be as descriptive as I can.

The thingy where I put my key to start the car, is dangeling from the steering column, and I was wondering what it was called and how I can fix it.

Also, the center part of my dashboard where my deck, ac/heat buttons and *****, and vents were, is completley torn out.
I know I can buy whole dash kits but I'm not sure if that is really nessasary.

The hood release thingy was broken off, but if I use pliers I can pop my hood.
Do I need a whole new line or can I buy the handle by its self?

Any help is very much apperciated!!
She is my first car and I have taken very good care of her since I got her back in 2004.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:27 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by skyezer
Greetings everyone!
I need some advice on getting my baby back up to par.
She was stolen from my driveway while I was getting the insurance transfered to a different company, (a gap of 5 days) so it has taken longer to get her up and running then I like.

I don't know whe names of the parts I need so I will try to be as descriptive as I can.

The thingy where I put my key to start the car, is dangeling from the steering column, and I was wondering what it was called and how I can fix it.

This is called the ignition switch.

Also, the center part of my dashboard where my deck, ac/heat buttons and *****, and vents were, is completley torn out.
I know I can buy whole dash kits but I'm not sure if that is really nessasary.

The hood release thingy was broken off, but if I use pliers I can pop my hood.
Do I need a whole new line or can I buy the handle by its self?

Any help is very much apperciated!!
She is my first car and I have taken very good care of her since I got her back in 2004.
I would try to find a local junk yard that has a similar year/model civic so you can purchase the parts reasonably. Otherwise I am sure there are people on this forum that can help you. Welcome to HCF. You probably want to search (someone on the forum has them as part of their signature) for a repair manual. Although, I have found it is not very helpful in getting all the necessary steps for doing a job.

Last edited by roadliner; 09-15-2009 at 10:31 AM.