New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

To buy a Civic or not to buy a Civic

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 05:25 PM
Default RE: To buy a Civic or not to buy a Civic

haha. dude if civics could get 147 HP suzuki, toyota, KIA, and mitsubishi would jump out their pants.

-B

Old 01-16-2005, 06:20 PM
HCF Member

ummmm, 99-00 si? anyone? 160 and tunable to all hell......and accords are ok, but i like driving small cars.

Old 01-16-2005, 06:31 PM

SIs don't count as civics saccion LOL.

-B

Old 01-16-2005, 07:04 PM

what do you Civic guys have against the Accords
Nothing. But they aren't as much fun...

Old 01-16-2005, 09:30 PM

I guess...which brings up the question;how would you rate Civic against,Sentras andCorollas?(decent hp here) the Setras have 165hp and a sport type with...175 I think.So,why would these companies freak if Civic jumped up to 147 or whatever?

Old 01-16-2005, 09:36 PM

Where does the "fun" come into play? I am only seriously asking.I had a '96 Accord V-6.It was an excellent/dependable car.I would never call it fun though.I want to but right no I cannot see what is perhaps the worlds most "basic" little car as fun. I would imagine a VW 1.8T GTI as a fun car.Forgive me!!(clearly not as dependable as a Civic though)

BTW,anybody regard the Civics as "more reliable" than the Accords?What about in the snow?

Old 01-16-2005, 09:44 PM

Also,Honda boasts the CRV as basically a Civic.CRV has 160hp!!What's the problem with making a 160hp Civic EX,never mind the Si??

Old 01-16-2005, 10:06 PM

dude. crv is so not civic. and i can't believe crv went from 140 to 160 HP. that's improvement. LOL. first of all VW GTI is not worth it. VW in general isn't really worth it. from the poll taken last year 3 of VW cars rated top 10 worst cars of the year. GTI was one of them. second a 160 HP civic ex would be cool but wouldn't be possible. Civics are designed to be SOHC and not DOHC or else the "reliability" that everyone talks about wouldn't really exist. plus DOHC takes up more gas than SOHC unless u get fuel management even then i dunno. nissans and toyotas are sweet cars, i'm not complaining but honestly sentra isn't worth it unless u get the SE-R and corollas are 130 HP no matter if u got type s, LE, or CE. and that's not much better off than civic at all. it all comes down to personal preference dude. ever since i started to drive i wanted a civic. to this day i still prefer civic over any other car in the world except skyline. hee hee. but it's ur choice. civic is a good car... but not the BEST. i don't think any car is the BEST. all cars have flaws. there will never be a "perfect" car.

-B

Old 01-17-2005, 12:01 AM

I love Nissans myself. Who made the 300ZX? Nissan. Who made the 180SX? Nissan. Who made the 240SX/Silvia? Nissan. This list goes on and on, but most importantly, WHO THE **** MADE THE SKYLINE???? Well, it's still Nissan, kids.

As for Toyota, they're pretty ****in' dependable, but if you really break it down and compare, they're pretty much just overcomplicated Hondas. They did make some good'uns too, though. Corolla GTS/Trueno, Supra (a bit overhyped... just like Mazda and the rotary engine), MR2/Levin, and early model Celica GTS's. Unfortunately, a lot of the newer ones ain't exactly what you would call pretty (Corolla S's **** me off...)

It is true that VW was rated as the least reliable car manufacturer by Motor Trend... kinda sad really. But hey, it's German.

Old 01-17-2005, 09:51 AM

What do u think of Acuras ans Subaru? Apparently,Subarus are extremely tough and reliable.I think they are tooooo expensive and their gas milage is poor.They are cool cars though.Acuras are pricey but being virtual Hondas,I have to assume they are also very reliable?Perhaps it depends on the make.

Quick Reply: To buy a Civic or not to buy a Civic