New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Buyin my first civic on the 12th!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 03:07 PM
Smile Buyin my first civic on the 12th!!

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forums. I'll be purchasing my first car on Friday the 12th! I'm so excited. It's a black, 1994 Del Sol. It's beautiful and it's been my dream car since I was like 10 years old hehe . Well I'm sure I'll have lots of questions once I actually get the car n start adding stuff to it. ttyl! ...anyone else have a Del Sol...pics??

Old 09-09-2008, 03:18 PM

Question....i signed up yesterday and I wasn't able to post anything or reply to any existing posts. Today i can post something, obviously, but im not able to reply to any posts. any ides why this may be happening?

Old 09-09-2008, 03:22 PM
HCF Member

Don't know why thats happening. But I know there are at least a couple sick del sols on here who can help you out.

Old 09-09-2008, 03:40 PM
HCF Member

welcome... don't know why that's happening but you can try contacting the moderators... a member called trustdestruction on here has a del sol and he definitely knows his stuff about civics and del sols. maybe he will post pics of his car but you can check out his profile

Old 09-10-2008, 12:12 PM

cool thanks!

Old 09-10-2008, 02:33 PM
Snail'n Admin

yea get pics up when you buy it?!

Old 09-11-2008, 08:12 AM

will do! i have an album with pics of it on my profile, take a look. The rims are hideous and will be replaced as soon as i get the $$. The first thing ill do is remove the pin stripe n all the badges. im gettin it tomorrow, so excited!!

Old 09-11-2008, 09:49 AM
Snail'n Admin

haha, awesome, Yea those wheels are TERRIBLE. Any plans?

Old 09-11-2008, 09:58 AM
HCF Member

Welcome to the forum, and hope you love the car, del sols are great

Looks like there are a few things already done to the car, you know what the existing mods are?

And yeah those rims look they belong on an old school impala more than a civic lol, and you could do without those altezza taillights too, altho they don't look as bad as some i've seen

Old 09-11-2008, 11:23 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well like any new honda owner. before you start moding the car. replace the timing belt ASAP. if it can not be PROVEN to have been changed by previous owner! and even if they just say it was done... inspect the belt to ensure it does look new. if that thing has never been changed and it breaks on you your hit bigtime...... it can really mess up a motor if it snaps when driving!
best preventive maintance you can do on a honda!

Quick Reply: Buyin my first civic on the 12th!!