New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

can you put a crate engine in a 2006 civic coupe??

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 01:58 PM
Kei
Default RE: can you put a crate engine in a 2006 civic coupe??

First off, we are all very willing to help those who need help. We help those having trouble finding answers to questions. But we do NOT fly out there and do the work for you. If WE do the research because you "Don't really want to" then we've learned more and you still haven't. Buddy, the biggest I've heard of getting in an 06 civic was a 2400cc motor that was a v6 running 260 hp and 152 ft. lb. of torque.

This is YOUR CAR man, the more you know, the less you'll screw it up. The most important part of tunning is NOT the result. it's doing it right so the result sticks around. Hondas will run forever if they are worked on properly. But when they aren't....the take forever to bring them up to par. I have to install a new motor in my 95 because I let a shop do the head gasket instead of working on it myself. The left the timing slack and the head was only set to 56 toque instead of it's 80. I blew the head gasket which cracked the block, blew the radiatior and the timing jumped teeth bending a valve.

I know it's just a civic, but take pride in it. Civics can now run 7s in a quarter. (Heavily modded of course)

Old 12-04-2006, 03:35 PM

I first want to apologize, for putting a question out there making it look like i wanted you guys to do the work. I was simply misunderstood, i registered to these forums late at night in search of getting a quick question answered and was too lazy to look for it when i wanted to go to sleep. I understand there is much research to be done in order to have a nice car, and I'm not asking for the research to be done for me I'm simply looking for someone to lead me in the right direction(ex. links to websites).

I also would like to ask were that person got there 250 hp engine so I could look into it?

Thanks again

Old 12-05-2006, 04:44 AM
Kei

to be honest, I'd have to ask him. I think the engine was a domestic (american) motor. it was a 2.4L v6 and he had to pretty heavily modify the car. He said that he was putting too much power on the stock plant, and if he floored off the line, he'd bend a drive shaft. I'd hold out for a bit. The easiest way to make 260hp on a K-series.... boost. Build up the motor and go turbo. I'm sure a fair amount of people here at HondaCivic, could help with that. I, however, am still N/A...I couldn't tell ya the first thing about boosting. I haven't gotten around to teaching myself that yet.

Old 12-05-2006, 08:42 AM
HCF Member

i dont think he has a k series guys. you dont have the Si, right? then you have an R-series, which is shaping up to be a great motor.if you really want to be fast, then start looking into swapping in a K-series motor. it comes as an option on the civics, so it will be a lot easier to put in your car than some bastard v6 or v8. a k20 with just a cam package, and a few supporting mods, is capable of over 300 flywheel horsepower. or if you decided to go turbo/supercharger, you can get even more than that. though with a 2006 civic, i wouldnt even consider chopping it all up just to get a motor in it that comes as standard equiptment on the Si. you couldnt swap the motor in for less than you would have to pay to trade-in your car for an Si, and with the Si, you get a lot of other components, like a revised suspension/braking system that is way better than the base models.

Old 12-05-2006, 12:07 PM
Ben

ORIGINAL: sacicons

i dont think he has a k series guys. you dont have the Si, right? then you have an R-series, which is shaping up to be a great motor.if you really want to be fast, then start looking into swapping in a K-series motor. it comes as an option on the civics, so it will be a lot easier to put in your car than some bastard v6 or v8. a k20 with just a cam package, and a few supporting mods, is capable of over 300 flywheel horsepower. or if you decided to go turbo/supercharger, you can get even more than that. though with a 2006 civic, i wouldnt even consider chopping it all up just to get a motor in it that comes as standard equiptment on the Si. you couldnt swap the motor in for less than you would have to pay to trade-in your car for an Si, and with the Si, you get a lot of other components, like a revised suspension/braking system that is way better than the base models.
I seriously wish I had half the knowledge you do about cars.

Old 12-05-2006, 12:37 PM
HCF Member

hmm.... im imagining a jegz 5.0 gt-40 engine, in a 06 civic, rear drive of course........ that would be some good stuff.
dont flame me, i know, most likely have to be mid engine, way bigger suspension... just imagine it though...itd be quick, and it would have a really sweet sound.

Old 12-06-2006, 05:01 AM
Kei

^ haha and about 10 Grand in just mounting modifications to make it rear wheel. And now sacicons.... WOW man...$@%&@%$&*@ WOW. I know a pretty decent amount on the 95s and such but no where NEAR up to date. I, too, wish I knew as much as you. I'm just a 21 year old backyard mechanic who got into cars at age 14, and have been building to make better since. I know a lot of random **** like how to align a car in your garage. I buy tuner mags, and read about projects other people have done. Tutorials and the whole 9 yards of that. But that's about my limit. I guess the best I can claim was I made a d16z6 run 165hp N/A without reboring cylinders. (The engine later popped when I let a random shop "tune" the timing, but hey... we win some and lose some)

Old 12-06-2006, 07:57 AM

guys, just because it costs a lot, doesn't make it impossible...

i know a guy from RI that's into fitting big things into tiny cars (454 into a toyota tacoma pickup, 380 into a pinto, bored out 454 into a jeep comanche)...

with time, work & money, anything is possible.

Old 12-06-2006, 08:26 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: cderalow

i know a guy from RI that's into fitting big things into tiny cars (454 into a toyota tacoma pickup, 380 into a pinto, bored out 454 into a jeep comanche)...

its not the possibility of it, its the why of it. why chopup a brand new civic to put in a heavy *** 310hp v8 that will need every little part in the drivetrain replaced, remade, reshaped, the whole floor of the car front to back would need to be cut out and rewelded to accept a V8 transmission and driveline, and the whole rear would need cut out to accept a rear axle. then you would have a pretty quick drag car. or, you could trade the coupe in on an Si with a K20, drop a turbo and a few other mods, and have a well-balanced 350hp car that is faster than the bastard rwd v8 one, and still handles like it should.

Old 12-06-2006, 08:34 AM

ORIGINAL: sacicons

ORIGINAL: cderalow

its not the possibility of it, its the why of it. why chopup a brand new civic to put in a heavy *** 310hp v8 that will need every little part in the drivetrain replaced, remade, reshaped, the whole floor of the car front to back would need to be cut out and rewelded to accept a V8 transmission and driveline, and the whole rear would need cut out to accept a rear axle. then you would have a pretty quick drag car. or, you could trade the coupe in on an Si with a K20, drop a turbo and a few other mods, and have a well-balanced 350hp car that is faster than the bastard rwd v8 one, and still handles like it should.
it wasn't a question of why?... it was a question of can?

that's practical v possible...

it's not practical to do so, but it is possible...

and to be honest... the guy i know has fun doing it... the toyota had like 900hp and would smoke all tires in 4W low... was a sick truck.... he never managed to get a good drag run with it though... it scared him

Quick Reply: can you put a crate engine in a 2006 civic coupe??