New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Can you remember your first time?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 12:59 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Can you remember your first time?

i've been watching the movie American Graffiti since i was like 3 and watching those badass hot-rods and 57 chevy's cruise around got me into cars... my new civic is the first car i've started working on, although i did restore an 84 Bronco II a while back.

Old 08-18-2005, 08:58 AM
HCF Member

Well...I may date myself here a little, but the first time was with my dad's 75 Grand prix. What a bucket...but man it had power to spare. After a while my dad burnt the tranny and a caddy trans was swapped in. The thing was a pig after that. I figured if you could switch parts and make it worse, you could also switch parts and make it better.
Step #2 was driving my brothers prelude with a vtec.....man what a thrill. Started off and was like hey...I didn't shift but this thing is opening up....Shift and wow...this has some guts to it....Big smile now.....Go Baby Go. He sold that car a few years ago. I wish I had the coin to get it, but maybe I'll just save up a little more and nurse the 1.5 along until I can get a nice shiny engine with vtec into the hatch.
Step#3 I always drove buckets....if you could work on the car...you walked. Good incentive to start wrenching. lol

Old 08-25-2005, 12:48 AM

well me i love my autos and i'm coming off a 2003 yamaha R1 i sold it due to alot of deaths in my area 15 or so in the month of july so i sold it and bought me a honda civic no my yamaha was clean and running stonger than 1000cc's so i know you could do a lot to a civic (personlized) and i knew they would run forever thats y i didn't go with no other crap so i'm a toddler in the game now but give me 1 yr on this forum and 7thgen forum and i'll be able to have a good import conversation

PS. and know what i'm talking about not just be rambling out what i've read in a mag

Old 08-25-2005, 01:48 AM
HCF Member

Yeah, it was when I picked up an Import Tuner and read about Pann Auto in San Diego doing a mini-me swap and how "crazy" that was.

Old 08-25-2005, 04:01 AM

my first time was with an old 79 rustang ****** back we swaped a 302 boss into for my first car . wrecked that on the night of my 18th bday . next in line was my favorite car a 1988 honda civic dx sedan bought it with 220k miles on it and it still ran like a top. eventualy after a few bad mods and alot of long road trips and driving like a nut it came to the point i spent more on oil to put in it then gas at the station .put that car to a horrible death in a compact demo derby with around 400k miles on it . car ran solid for 15 min bouncing of the rev limiter with no oil and no water in it while slamming into other cars and the motor still didn't die i have it on a motor stand in the garage. current car is a 94 honda civic ex coupe 5 sd and i love this car fast as hell from the factory and awsome on gas (normaly i wouldn't care about gas milage but you all know how prices are). this car i plan on making a sleeper no rice just plain hp most i will do is add rims and tires to it .