New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

considering

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 08:45 PM
Default considering

o currently im not a honda owner.. right now im driving an 04 eclipse gs.. but lately I have been thinking aboutpicking up a civic and modding it a bit..

The only thing is I dont know a lot about the civic overall..

im looking at installing the basics.. (Headers,Intake, and Exhaust.) outside of that im not to sure what s avalible for the civic.. is a guy able to chip his motor?.. I know for the Mitsubishi a chip isnt made but for the A4 there is one in production.. also.. im looking at somthing newer.. no older then an 04 preferably.. and was just wondering if anyone has any sudgestions as to what modle is ideal for performance modds as well as what other modds would help me with TQ aswell as HP (preferable to the ground not at the crank)

all the help is much apreciated.. and look forward to hearing what you guys sudgest doing to the new car..

thanks

Old 07-16-2007, 09:18 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: considering

first off, its header, not headerS, theres just one. its the same thing as an intake, itd be like "check out my new intakes you guys!" lol you dont have more than one. And to add to that, read the stickies at the top of each category here on HCF, honestly most of your basic questions will be answered there. The Intake/Exhuast FAQs will answer most of your I/H/E (intake/header/exhaust for future reference) questions.

Chippable, 04+ are not right from the factory, actually 96+ arent chippable, you can convert to OBD1 (92-95: OBD1, 96+ OBD2) and OBD1 are chippable/tunable. Honestly, theres no reason to tune a car that has I/H/E, the gains arent worth the money it costs to tune. The only time you need to tune is with a major mod (usually F/I, ie. turbo, supercharger, etc.).

And ideal performance completely depends on the car and its uses. If its just a track car, you can strip it down, gut it out, put slicks on it and go crazy on the engine, throw on a Stage 3 clutch and all the goods. If its a daily driver, you dont want that. Turbocharging is by far the best bang for your buck, but it takes alot of time, patience and money. Again, read the stickies at the top of the Nitrous, Turbocahrger, Supercharger for more info on that. Research research research before you even consider turbochargin. I wrote a 12 page essay about it, am stil researching almost everyday and i'm definitely still a noob to F/I lol

hope i helped

Old 07-17-2007, 01:37 AM
Default RE: considering

cool. now i have read a bit about the topic u directed me to and understand a bit more about turbo's also have read about fmic's and smic's as well as bov's ... but what exactly would i have to do to my internals.. ( and what exactly are we talking about when internals are mentioned)