New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

A couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 01:07 PM
Default A couple questions

Hi all, any help/explanations on this would be appreciated.

When I'm out I see cars with little stuffed animals hanging from under the bumpers...I have asked around and no one seems to know what they are. What does it mean, and why do they do it? I came here because I see them on Civic's, Intergra's, some Nissan 240's, I figured Honda guys would know...

Also, my friend recently took me for a ride in his EG/EK(I can't tell the difference) Civic hatchback with a motor swap. I believe it had the B18 from an Integra GS-R...it was such a fun little car I am thinking about building one. He took the easy route and bought his, I don't think they are easy to find so I was wondering about price. I am thinking in the neighborhood of 10-15k for a nice one, he only paid 5k for his and it had the DC headers, AEM intake and stuff already. Lucky bastard....

Thanks for the help all!

Old 07-30-2006, 08:06 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: A couple questions

stuffed animals?? im not sure what your really talking about there...is that at a dealership? mabey there having a sale??

but for the car, you can buy a good shell without a motor for like 2k or less..then buy the motor and drop it in, the motor will probably run you about 3-4k or less, it depends what it comes with..everything for the install or just the motor

welcome!

Old 07-30-2006, 09:17 PM

WELCOME! i have a rubber duckie on my rear view mirror

Old 07-30-2006, 09:26 PM
HCF Member

man, i used to see that all the time, but i really dont anymore.... i never asked why they did that, but it was kinda dumb.... what city do you live in?

Old 07-30-2006, 11:27 PM

I live in the SF bay area...they look kinda like pokemons, LOL! I don't think they got them from the dealer, usually they're on the older models, nothing newer than 95-97...also, what are those holes in the rear bumper? They're like dinner plate sized holes, usually 3-4 of them, cut into and they have aluminum riveted onto them.

So, the swap wouldn't be too expensive...would the B18 in that little chassis get good MPG? My car does ok but I want something thats real cheap to run now that gas is like $3+ a gallon.