New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

First Civic

Old 09-23-2008, 10:27 AM
Default First Civic

Hey all,

going to pick up my first Civic on Thursday! I'll post a pic when transaction is complete. I originally posted this in a different thread but thought I'd do it hear as well as I have not had any feedback from the other posting. After speaking with some other Civic owners, I feel better about my decision to go forward with purchase.

Thanks for any feedback - looking forward to it -

LX 2002 1.7
Miles: 77,000
5sp Man
Wheels: Chrome 18" Wheels - BFG g-force tires
Slotted Roters with AEM Pads
Tokico Struts
Exedey Stage 1 Clutch
Intake - not sure about brand
Standard Exhaust - upgrade was removed recently
Octane R34 Body Kid with poly side skirts - full body kit

After reading the list of mods, what is your first reaction - used for racing or maybe not? Do those who beef up Civics typically do so for racing? Or is that a hard questions to answer as it depends? The seller tells me that he did not use this car for racing but instead loves his rides to look good. He has not used car in Winter and keeps it in a garage.

My question to you is, would you consider this car if you planned on using it for a commuter car - 60/m a day? I'm def. new to the Civic world and do not want to get myself into something that may have been raced hard and therefore may come along with many future/existing problems.

Will be purchasing new all season tires. Would you all be questioning how this car was used? Any suggestions as to what other things I should be thinking about? Also, I do love this car and can appreciate how clean it is/how well the owner has taken care of it and thus I plan on doing the same.