New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

first time honda owner, 2k ex.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 07:03 PM
Default first time honda owner, 2k ex.....

Hi all, just wanted to introduce myself.

I'm a first time honda owner, just picked up a nice 2000 civic ex. Here's a list of mods that i'm aware of (came w/car):

2" drop
AEM intake (v2?)
DC Sports 1 pieace header
8mm plug wires
Front strut brace
exhaust (greddy?)
short shifter
Glow Guages
tint all around
kenwood cd

It's a clean car, and seems to run well. i'm on day 2 and i really like it. Not sure about all the aftermarket stuff though. I purchased the car mainly for gas mileage, dependability, that sort of thing. Owner gave me all original parts as well so i may put it back together and sell the aftermarket stuff. Of course i'll put the parts here first if i decide to go through with the replacement. Thanks!

I know that stock engine in my EX is about 127hp, does anyone have an estimate of what it may be with the above listed mods? Just thought i'd ask.

Name:  civicpics005.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  30.3 KB
Name:  civicpics003.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  55.1 KB

Old 07-28-2006, 07:14 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: first time honda owner, 2k ex.....

well welcome to the forum. post some pics and I will be happy.

Old 07-28-2006, 07:20 PM
HCF Member

sounds real nice, aftermarket things suit different people so some people love them and some people hate them.

Old 07-29-2006, 12:19 PM

WELCOME! u might be making around 135-140hp with the aftermarket stuff. if u want the good gas mileage, leave the intake, header, and exhaust on because it allows the car to breath better and in turn have better gas mileage over stock.

Old 07-29-2006, 01:06 PM

Really??.....i thought intake and exhaust aftermarket parts made you burn fuel faster and dropped your mpg? I'll have to fill my tank up and check my mpg...thanks.

Old 07-29-2006, 01:42 PM

ORIGINAL: bkr123

Really??.....i thought intake and exhaust aftermarket parts made you burn fuel faster and dropped your mpg? I'll have to fill my tank up and check my mpg...thanks.
nope. As civicexracer said, those are all going to increase your mpg. Nice clean civic and welcome to the forums!

Old 07-29-2006, 03:27 PM

ORIGINAL: bkr123

The mods will only hurt your gas mileage "if" you use them! Sure, they help performance but that doesn't mean you have to put your foot in the radiator every time you drive the car! <bg>

Drive it like an economy car and you'll get economy car gas mileage. You got yourself a very clean, nice looking Civic. It's easy to see why you picked it up.

Best of luck with it!
Steve R.

Old 07-29-2006, 04:32 PM
HCF Member

Adding on to your mod list it also look like you have a Civic SI spoiler.

Old 08-03-2006, 01:39 PM

Yeah, leave the header, exhaust, and intake on for sure. You are going to get much better mpg as long as you don't put the pedal to the metal and drive like a street racer with it, which it sounds like you don't. As for the HP your looking at about 135-145hp with the aftermarket stuff.

Old 08-03-2006, 06:57 PM

ORIGINAL: D16z6

Adding on to your mod list it also look like you have a Civic SI spoiler.
I really dont think it is, my stock spoiler on my civic HX looks exactly the same as that only dif color

Quick Reply: first time honda owner, 2k ex.....