New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Honda Civic India

Old 03-09-2007, 05:35 AM
Default Honda Civic India

hi all,

I assume there won't be many fellow members from India here. Civic was launched here in India about 6 months back and I am about to take the delivery my Civic in about a week. I thought it would be a good idea to say hello to all here.

I think the model launched here is a 5 yr old stuff, but it has no competition here yet, Auris is supposed to be launched in 3 - 6 months. In a 3rd world here, 5 yr. old Civic is a great luxury sedan, also called entry level D segment. I have ordered AT model.

Cheers to all fellow members.

Old 03-09-2007, 06:08 AM
Default RE: Honda Civic India

All Welcome Here!!!

Old 03-09-2007, 06:27 AM

Thanks OM

hey guys,

I got a quick question if anyone can answer, below is the link to Indian version of civic

http://www.hondacarindia.com/civic

It isno doubt 1.5 - 2 times more expensive than its US, AU, UK versions and relatively lesser features like only 15 inch wheel etc., I can take it without any pain, BUT is it an old US model ? WhileI think the latest US model looks like in the link below, any feedback shall be appreciated

http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/e.../photo_02.html

Old 03-09-2007, 09:52 AM

Hey CivicIN,

The Civic being sold from Honda Car India is the newest Civic released by Honda, but for the Asia market. Over in the US/Canada, that car is badged as an Acura CSX and sold for more money than our version of the "Honda Civic" which looks a little different. So don't think you're paying more for the same car. Your version of the Civic should be more luxurious than the one we have, but like i said should be the same as our Acura CSX. Also the picture of the Civic in your second link is the new Civic Si 2dr Coupe, hopefully they'll release it over in India becuase its a really nice car.

Hope I was of some help, and enjoy the new car!

Old 03-09-2007, 09:05 PM

Yes Chooks,

thanks a bunch for your kind explanation. I agree on the model front of Civic Sedan that its almost same as sold in AU, UK, US etc. BUT I am 100% sure on price difference. I studied the US Honda site and below are the prices in USD

Civic 8th Generation http://www.hondacarindia.com/civic as its here in this link

Variant Price

Indian AT Model USD 27,000 (incl insurance)
15" wheel

US AT Model USD 16,405
almost same features
as Indian counterpart

I agree that there could be little more excise duty etc in India, BUT its not that huge that Honda had to inflate the price to such level, its pissing, but acceptable as we grow up here learning these facts and have adapted. Civic is supposedly manufactured in India. Auris is soon going to be launched here in India and I can bet my $ that its price shall go through roof too and inflated as compared to US models.

All Civic variants in US, UK, AUhave almost same price with slight difference. Whereas India is an exception for Honda.