New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Guess I should say hi

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 05:43 PM
HCF Member
Default Guess I should say hi

I've been hanging out here for about a week, and I have to say, I really enjoy this forum. Figured I'd introduce myself. I like many others am a "former" Chevy Man. It was pick ups for me. Really got sick of the $75/week fill ups, so I got a 2007 Civic EX Sedan. I bought it to save $$, but I really love the car. Its completely stock right now. I did add the Honda wing and a K&N OEM Air Filter. I'm pretty sure its in my head, but the car seems a little quicker since I installed the filter. Someone suggested I add a RS-R ExMag, which I will probably do one day, but it doesn't appear that they make one for an 07 (or 06). Maybe another year is the same, don't know. Some better lights are probably on tap as well.

I am probably the oldest guy on here (42). I have a wife and two kids. I have been working on cars since I was 12 or 13. Yes, I remember leaded gas. I am pretty good at the maintenance thing, but I have only worked on other people's "race" cars, and none of them had turbos. I have installed more stereos than I care to count, but that was in the old days when the hardest part was getting the unit in the dash, and there was only one amp. I am really good at electrical stuff (the degree is worth something at least), so if you have questions, I'd love to help.

I'll add pics one of these days, but they'll be pretty boring compared to some of the things I have seen here.

Old 10-17-2007, 06:28 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Guess I should say hi

sounds like you have a pretty nice car welcome to the awesomeness that is honda gas mileage lol

Old 10-17-2007, 06:57 PM
HCF Member

I love hondas for gas mileage. They are easy to mod though. The only thing i have a problem with is. A person modding there civic and people calling it a ricer. they don't actually look at the time it takes to do that stuff. Don't get me wrong lots of people get cheap parts and make it sound ****ty. yea this is just ranting because i live near springfield lol. But yea im glad you love your civic

Old 10-17-2007, 07:15 PM

i also love the gas mileage of my civic. well welcome to the forum, and hopefully you can use this as a resource for your new ride