New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

halos

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 04:28 AM
Default halos

wassup, i just got the single halo projectors for my 01 civic, and i got a question for anyone whos got the same... Alright, i wired the halo and everything and they work fine, the thing is they don't cut off! They stay on all night and day, and then on top of that, when i got the headlights on, you can barely see them with the lows on, but you can see them with the highs. Odd right? Did anyone else encounter that problem? I can't turn them off, and I don't know if there is any kind of switch that i can buy to do this... Maybe some kind of relay to the headlights so they would cut on only when the headlights cut on, i don't know. Wiring is really not my thing. Any tips?

Old 03-07-2006, 11:06 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: halos

just hook them up to your driving lights.

Old 03-07-2006, 05:38 PM
HCF Member

ya what you did was hook up the wire to a constant 12v connection which means its always on, so what your going to need to do is bring the red halo wires into your car and add a switch to inline with the wire to you can turn it on and off..oh and dont forget to add a fuse inline with the wire as well

Old 03-07-2006, 10:00 PM

with my halos, i just wired them to the fog lights. cut and splice job but works. turns on and off when i need them to.

Old 03-07-2006, 10:03 PM

ORIGINAL: baker

+1

Old 03-08-2006, 10:11 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: C5SpoonEG

ORIGINAL: baker

+1
sweet, i got my first point ever!

Old 03-12-2006, 09:38 PM

thanks alot fellas. what i did was since i don't have my fog lights in yet, i just bought the red wires into the car and hooked them up to a small switch that i mounted right under the center counsol. it was pretty easy except trying to get the wires to that point, but it works. Off the topic, recently i hit a deer and it knocked a big chunk out of my bumper and knocked the stock right headlight loose (before halos), and in the process it blew the turn signal. Now what i did was went ahead and took out the old light bulb and replaced it, b/c if theres a turn sig. bulb out it blinks real fast. Now i took it to 2 diff honda service centers just for fun and the first one told me it was a bulb out. the second on told me that the damn wiring was burned out and that it would $86 to look at it plus however it would cost to fix it ( 100, 200, ect) thats crazy ain't it? both were honda dealerships!