New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Happy to be a new member!

Old 06-12-2018, 09:03 AM
Default Happy to be a new member!

Hello everyone,

I look forward to interacting in any way if I am able to provide a nugget of knowledge! My first taste of Honda love was the 2007 Accord EX-L I purchased. I handed that one off to my son for his senior year of high school, and that was in the fall of 2016 - and the car only had 71k miles on it! I went ahead and had the timing belt changed to ensure that the motor wouldn't have a catastrophic failure, brake pads replaced, new tires all good to go. He will be headed into his sophomore year and it still only has 82k miles.

Anyway, when I gave that to him, I went to my dealer and was going to get another Accord, but when I looked at the rear seat room of the Civic, it was almost as big as my old Accord! So I became the proud owner of a 2016 Civic EX with Honda Assist, and I love it. I sometimes miss the leather and the power seats, but otherwise I love my ride, and I also got the Honda Assist package that is amazing. I only have 5700 miles on it so far, a couple of buddies and I make the occasional jaunt to do some gambling, and we all laugh at the fact I get 43 MPG on the trip, and nobody is wanting for room!

I have made a post about my left middle A/C vent wanting to point upwards on its own, so you can see my other post

(I noticed right away that the left center vent would always move up when I get in the car. The first few times, I just figured I had it pointed at the roof, but I'm not that stupid. In summary, it seems to happen when it is hot outside, but I seem to recall that also happens in the winter.)

Anyway, look forward to reading and learning about my car and other's experiences!!