New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Hello - advice wanted...

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 09:16 AM
Default Hello - advice wanted...

Hello everyone,

I apologize if this is not the appropriate place to post this message, as I am not looking to sell, swap or part with my Civic at this point. I am new to this forum, and the reason I am here is because of my beloved 1994 Civic DX sedan. Recently I've become ill and may not be able to drive my car much longer. Instead of just selling her to the highest bidder, I really wanted to find someone who loved Civics, especially this generation of Civics, and wanted to find a car to work on, take care of, and keep.

I'm not sure how to find a good home for my baby, so I wondered if anyone on this forum could tell me how to go about that? My car is in excellent shape, still used as my primary transportation. She has around 187,500 total miles, and had a new engine installed in 2010 that had around 80,000 miles on it. Body is in excellent shape with a little wrinkling at rear driver's side back fender. Color is camellia red pearl, although it looks more purple, hence her name, "Sugarplum." She has been treated with tender, loving care since I've owned her (1998) and had regular mechanical work done. (I have all the papers/documentation).

Yes, I know I could sell her on the open market, but I am not looking for just someone to buy her, but someone to take care of her as I have. Any suggestions? I'm not quite ready to give her up just yet, but wanted to ask while I still could and line someone up. My location is in northeast Ohio.

Thanking all of your in advance for any help, suggestions or letting me know if you would be interested in taking on the care of my Sugarplum.

Sincerely,

Cynthia

Old 04-13-2017, 08:57 AM
Default Found a new home for my Civic!

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to thank everyone who read my message and let you all know that I found someone who fell in love with my baby and will take her when it is time. He is a young man who loves Hondas and has a collection of them that he works on and treasures.

Thank you all again for letting me post this message to your Forum.

Hondas forever!